With many years of car repairing experience, I can say choosing the right OBD2 scanner isn’t a simple task. When I started this job, I had to try out different brands and types of OBD2 diagnostic scanners. But with time, I have come to know which brands and types of OBD2 scan tools are the best. Not every famous brand or highly price tool that you see out there will get the job done and identify the issue with your car. Even some scan wrong error codes, while others fail to detect the car problems when there is actually a grave issue. The main features of this Innova scan tool model are the Check Engine light, ABS, SRS, EVAP, and Freeze Frame. Read this Innova 3100 review to know why I am suggesting buying this scanner tool.
Technical specifications of the Innova 3100 OBD2 Scanner:
Innova 3100j (Upgrade Version)
|Works:||All 1996 and newer vehicles|
|Check Engine Light:||Yes|
|Oil Light Reset:||Yes|
|Views freeze frame data:||Yes|
|Batteries:||3 AA batteries are required. (included)|
|Software Updates:||Free updates|
|Dimensions:||10 x 8 x 1.5 inches|
|Warranty:||Limited One Year Warranty|
|Price:||Check Today’s Price|
After buying the Innova 3100 obd2 scanner, I thought it would turn out to be like the previous average scan tools that I have used before, but I was very wrong. The Innova 3100 code reader has stood the test of time and proven to be a quality diagnostic scan tool from a top brand. First of all, this tool is well built and functions with all cars that were assembled from the year 1996 and as well as newer cars. This is inclusive of SUVs, trucks, and minivans. The Innova 3100 code reader is sturdily built and has a large display screen for reading the outcome. You can also compare this tool with Innova 3150 & Innova 3160 scanner.
Scan Tool Innova 3100 Review(Video):
The compact design of the 3100 diagnostic scan tool makes it easy to use and store. It is well reliable and quickly reveals what the problem is when connected to the car and computer. At such a great initial price, this is a great tool for DIY enthusiasts and start-up professional vehicle mechanics. Below are different models of the Innova 3100 scan tool. This price is much lower than the Innova 3120 model.
Summary of Contents
- 1 Technical specifications of the Innova 3100 OBD2 Scanner:
- 2 Scan Tool Innova 3100 Review(Video):
- 2.1 INNOVA 3100 Diagnostic scan tool for OBD2 vehicles(Initial Release)
- 2.2 Features & Innova 3100 review
- 2.3 INNOVA 3100i Diagnostic code reader with ABS for OBD2 Vehicles(Big screen)
- 2.4 INNOVA 3100j Scan Tool with ABS and SRS for OBD2 Vehicles(Latest Version)
- 2.5 The importance of buying one of the above odb2 scanners
- 3 Innova 3040 vs 3100
- 4 Features
- 5 Innova 3100
- 6 Innova 3040
INNOVA 3100 Diagnostic scan tool for OBD2 vehicles(Initial Release)
The Innova 3100 diagnostic scanner is an excellent device that can be used to diagnose cars, SUVs, light trucks, and minivans, either foreign or domestic. It is durably made to serve the user for over a long period of time and comes with a patented all-in-one screen and LED display for easy use and reading of error codes. With a backup battery and warranty, this is a great tool to have in your car for safe and sound driving.
Features & Innova 3100 review
- Read and erase ABS light trouble codes
- Automatically refreshes data every 30 seconds
- Quickly shows the cause of check engine light warnings
- Battery backup memory
- Features a patented all-in-one screen and LED display
- Compatible with 1996 or latest cars, light trucks, SUVs, or minivans – foreign and domestic
- Mini USB cable
- Obd2 16-pin DLC cable
- Innova one year warranty
- It is durably built to last long and be used in tough environments.
- It is user-friendly with a large screen display and three different languages.
- This tool is reliable in performance as it comes with backup power for use when the devices run out of power.
- The Innova brand offers great customer support to buyers of the scan tool
- It makes repair the car to be easy as it automatically refreshes data after every 30 seconds when connected to the car.
- It doesn’t support OBD2 Bluetooth connectivity
INNOVA 3100i Diagnostic code reader with ABS for OBD2 Vehicles(Big screen)
You can never go wrong with any Innova product. The Innova 3100i is another quality scan tool with outstanding features. It is ideal for use by starters as well as professionals technicians. This is well built and has a large display screen for simple use. It performs out several tasks such as battery/alternator test, anti-lock braking system, check engine light, and freeze frame. Also, it uses 2 AA batteries and comes with a one-year warranty.
- Battery/alternator tests
- Red, yellow, and green LEDs
- Quickly show the cause of check light warnings
- Compatible with 1996 or newer cars, SUVs, minivans, light trucks, and as well hybrid
- Freeze frame
- 2 AA batteries
- Ant-lock braking system
- This is a versatile diagnostic scanner as it can perform several tasks such as check engine light, battery/alternator test, anti-lock braking system, and freeze frame.
- It is very simple to use with a large screen display and hotkeys. Also, it comes in three different languages.
- The scan tool is compatible with any foreign or domestic 1996 or newer car, SUV, light truck, hybrid, and minivan.
- Innova provides excellent customer support from Monday-Saturday from their ASE-certified technicians.
INNOVA 3100j Scan Tool with ABS and SRS for OBD2 Vehicles(Latest Version)
If you are a professional technician or DIY enthusiast looking for a reliable and advanced diagnostic scan tool, the Innova 310oj is what you should try out. It is made of a compact and lightweight design. The diagnostic scanner has a large screen display for easy use and comes with three different languages to choose from, which are French, English, and Spanish. Also, it has outstanding features that will enable you to diagnose several issues with your car in a quick and accurate way.
- Quickly shows the cause of the check engine light warnings
- Freeze frame
- Read and erase ABS & SRS light trouble codes
- Oil reset feature
- Battery and alternator tests
- Large screen display
- Compatible with 1996 or newer cars, SUVs, hybrid, light trucks, and minivans
- Antilock braking system
- One year warranty
- It is sturdily built for longevity
- It is made of a compact design, and it is lightweight
- The scan tool is easy to use with the large screen display and three different language options
- It can be used on 1996 or newer cars, SUVs, minivans, hybrid, and light trucks. This includes foreign or domestic.
The importance of buying one of the above odb2 scanners
The Innova brand is well known for creating not only quality but as well as durable odb2 scan tools. The above three different Innova obd2 diagnostic scanners are well constructed to function well in tough environments. So, you can expect them to work for many years before requiring a new tool.
The needs of users vary greatly. For this reason, the Innova brand has ensured to create different user-friendly interfaces to meet these different demands of customers. Also, they have a large screen display for showing the outcomes of the scan tool. The all-in-one screen display will enable you to view up to 25 pages in three different languages.
Cost-effective and reliable
Even though these Innova 3100 scan tools perform exceptionally, they are still offered at a very great price. In addition, they have a power backup system that is utilized when the battery runs out of power. This is automatic, and you won’t even have to switch it on. This makes it be reliable if you are carrying out an important diagnostic issue.
Another unique feature is that the buyer of this product shouldn’t worry about anything as the scan tool is backed by a one-year warranty on defects and repair. Just like the Innova 31603 code reader, it has a team (ASE technical support) that is just a call away in case of any issue with the diagnostic scanner.
Innova 3040 vs 3100
What is the difference between the Innova 3040 and 3100?
|Reads & Clears Brake (ABS) Lights||Yes
|Reads & Clears Airbag (SRS) Lights||Yes
|Live Data Graphing||No
|Product Dimensions:||12 x 8.5 x 2.5 in.||10.6 x 7.5 x 1.8 in.
|Item Weight:||2 pounds||0.95 pounds|
If you have been looking for a reliable and user-friendly OBD2 diagnostic tool, the Innova 3100 scan tool is the best for you. This code reader is sturdily built, compact, lightweight, reliable, and provides instant results. Also, the initial cost of acquiring this tool is fair compared to Innova 3160g Pro OBD2 device. It is important for any driver to always inspect their car so that they can drive safely. By acquiring this scan tool, you will be able to prevent costly repairs and drive your car without any worry. Still, have a question after reading this Innova 3100 review? Comment below.