Are you looking for a simple to use but outstanding scan tool? Look no further than the Innova 3120 scan tool. This is one of the best Check Engine code reader/scan tools. It has some excellent features. The scanner is compatible with the majority of OBD2 vehicles built from 1996 and newer and OBD1 vehicles manufactured between 1981 and 1995. It has a large color screen compared to the Innova 3030 scan tool. The codes, definitions can be read in 3 different languages, which are French, English, and Spanish. Not only check engine light, but this tool can also read ABS, SRS, Charging Test, and Service Light Reset, etc. Read this Innova 3120 review article to know more about this tool.
Technical specifications of the 3120 Innova diagnostic code scanner
|Works:||ALL 1996 and newer vehicles|
|Read & Erase Check Engine Light OBD1, OBD2 Trouble Codes||Yes|
|OBD1, OBD2 Support Vehicles:||OBD1 (1981 to 1995), OBD2 (1996 and newer)|
|Software Update:||Yes (Via the internet)|
|Dimensions:||2.5 x 15 x 10.5 inches|
|Warranty:||One Year Warranty|
|Price:||Check Today’s Price|
Summary of Contents
- 1 Technical specifications of the 3120 Innova diagnostic code scanner
- 2 Innova 3120 Review 2022
- 3 Innova 3120 diagnostic scan tool(Initial Version)
- 4 Innova 3120e code reader(Advanced Features Version)
- 5 Innova 3120f scan tool with ABS(New Version)
- 6 Innova 3120 vs 3140
- 7 Features
- 8 Innova 3120
- 9 Innova 3140 (updated 3140e)
Innova 3120 Review 2022
Below are 3 different versions of the Innova 3120 code reader.
Innova 3120 diagnostic scan tool(Initial Version)
Whether you are a professional mechanic or DIY enthusiast, this advanced scan tool will enable you to read and erase codes in different cars. It is compatible with both OBD1 vehicles that were popular between 1981 and 1995 and OBD2 vehicles built from 1996 and newer.
It also has codes and definitions in English, French, and Spanish. With its small size and lightweight design, using this device is very easy.
- Read and erase check engine light codes
- 8-inch color display
- Automatically refreshes data every 30 seconds
- Diagnose and erase OBD2/ABS codes on the most popular and newer model vehicles
- Multilingual menu
- Memory battery backup
- Created to retrieve OEM enhanced and transmission diagnostic codes in all OBD II and some popular OBD1 vehicles.
- Carry bag
- Weighs 2 pounds
- Affordable price
- The Innova 3120 scan tool is able to read and erase check engine light codes with just a click of a button.
- It is multilingual and thus allows the user to select the language that they are conversant with. It can be English, Spanish, and French.
- Like the lightweight Innova 3040 scanner, the Innova 3120 code reader automatically refreshes data every 30 seconds when connected to the car, making it simple to inspect repair completion.
- It has a large 2.8-inch color screen for displaying 20 pieces of important data all at one time.
- The gadget enables the user to read and erase codes even when the car is off, as it has a memory battery backup.
Innova 3120e code reader(Advanced Features Version)
Save maintenance costs by acquiring this car diagnostic scanner from Innova. The Innova 3120e is sturdily built to last long. It is of a simple design that can fit perfectly in the hands of the user with a patented all-in-one screen that displays 25 vital information on domestic 1996 and newer OBD2 cars, light trucks, SUVs, and Hybrid. Use this device to read and erase ABS light codes by choosing English, Spanish, or French language.
Related article: Compare all the features of Innova 31703, 31403 & 31003 models
- Oil reset features
- Read and erase ABS light trouble codes
- The patented all-in-one screen displays 25 important information
- Compatible with most OBD2 Ford, Honda, Chrysler, GM, and Toyota vehicles
- Multilingual menu with definitions in English, French, and Spanish
- Retrieve OEM-enhanced and transmission diagnostic trouble codes
- It is very easy to read and erase codes with the large patented all-in-one screen that displays 25 important pieces of data.
- It has a multilingual menu which implies that the user can choose a language that they understand better to fully utilize the device.
- The weight is slightly lower than the Innova 3100 scan tool
- The car scan tool reads and erases ABS light error codes on most OBD2 Chrysler, GM, Ford, Toyota, and Honda vehicles.
- It is compatible with foreign or domestic 1996 and newer OBD2 cars, light trucks, SUVs, and hybrids. Also, it is compatible with some popular OBD1 vehicles manufactured in 1982.
Innova 3120f scan tool with ABS(New Version)
Innova 3120f is powered by 3 AAA batteries which are included in the purchase. The scan tool is ergonomically designed for easy use. The large display screen(similar to the Innova 3160 model) is for easy reading and erasing of codes. This is a great code reader for mechanics or motorists who want to diagnose check engine and ABS lights, reset oil maintenance, and battery maintenance light.
Other tasks that it plays include timing check, KOEO, cylinder balance, wiggles tests on popular OBD1 vehicles from 1982 to 1995.
- Reset oil light on popular OBDII vehicles
- Read and clear check engine lights on foreign or domestic 1996 and newer OBDII light trucks, cars, SUVs, and Hybrids.
- Fix assist feature
- Read and erase ABS trouble codes
- Reset battery maintenance light and initialization
- Compatible with OBD1 and OBDII vehicles
- This tool offers the user three different languages to choose from for easy use and reading of OBD2 codes.
- It has a fix assist feature that offers vital hints to troubleshooting the cause of the check engine light.
- It is compatible with a wide range of vehicles which include OBD2 Asian, European, and Domestic vehicles. It is as well compatible with some OBD1 and all OBD2 vehicles.
- The diagnostic scanner reads and erases trouble codes on any foreign or domestic 1996 and newer OBD2 cars, light trucks, SUVs, and Hybrid.
Innova 3120 vs 3140
Here is the difference between Innova 3140 and the 3120 scanners.
Innova 3140 (updated 3140e)
|Works:||All 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles||All 1996 and newer OBD2 car|
|Coverage:||OBD1 and OBD2||OBD2, OBD1|
|Read & Erase Check Engine Light:||Yes||Yes|
|ABS/SRS:||popular & newer-model vehicles||popular, newer model vehicles|
|Displays OBD2 Freeze Frame Data:||Yes||Yes|
|Software Update:||Free Online Update||Free Online Update|
|Multilingual:||English, Spanish and French||English, French, and Spanish|
|OBD1 Support:||(1981 to 1995) vehicles||Vehicles from 1982 to 1995|
|Product Dimensions:||2.5 x 15 x 10.5 inches||7.2 x 4 x 10.2 inches|
|Item Weight:||2 pounds||3.8 pounds|
|Warranty:||One year warranty||1-year warranty|
|Price:||Check Price||Check Price|
Innova is a great OBD2 brand, and the Innova 3120 model is one of the best on the market. The scan tools that we have discussed above have excellent features and can be utilized by both professional technicians and DIY enthusiasts. In this Innova 3120 review, we have tried to explain these scanner features.