You are looking for the best floor jack. Right? As an Auto enthusiast, you can trust my advice because I have used lots of floor jack in my life.
Here are The Common problem that I faced:
- Suddenly stop working the middle of the job.
- Jack stops lifting without any warning.
- If you lift your vehicle, then slowly lower itself.
- Oil Leak.
- Internally damage even after lower weight lifting.
- Release valve doesn’t work smoothly.
- Reservoir cannot hold enough hydraulic fluid.
Those are very common problem specially, who buy cheap jack. You don’t need to buy an expensive floor jack to avoid those problems. You only need to choose the right jack to get rid of those problems.
Our Recommend Top Rated floor jack Powerzone 380044 3 Ton Video Review
So, What should consider before buying a floor jack?
- Lifting capacity: If you need to lift 2 ton vehicle, then you should buy at lest 3 ton floor jack. To stay safe, I always prefer to buy higher lifting capacity than yours need.
- Design’s profile: Low profile floor jack have better flexibility than a standard profile jack.
- Construction Material: Steel or aluminum? Aluminum is better for its light weight and portability.
- Lifting Speed: 7-8 stoke is the standard to lift a vehicle.
- Price: $200 is enough to buy a high quality floor jack. If you want to buy best floor jack which will fulfill your all requirement, then don’t go with cheap.(like $60 jacks)
- Lifting Range: Most of the jack has standard lifting range, but if you need more than that only then consider this point.
If you haven’t much knowledge about quality floor jack, then you can consider to buy this Powerzone jack. Affordable price and can lift any car easily.
If you are looking for more jack option, then you can go below to see my other recommend list.
If you’re a car enthusiast or mechanic, then you already know that having a quality and easy to use car jack matters a lot. There are different types of service jacks on the market starting from trolley jacks, scissor jacks, aluminum jacks, steel jacks, and many others. If you are new in this area, you might find this confusing as you don’t know how to go about it. But this shouldn’t be a problem as we will educate you on how to pick the best garage jack on the market for your vehicle as you read on. So, what is the best floor jack for the money at 2017?
- 1 Types of floor jacks
- 2 Safety measures when using a floor jack
- 3 What to look for before purchasing a floor jack
- 4 Top 5 best floor jack reviews 2018
Types of floor jacks
Hydraulic floor jacks
This is one of the most common floor jacks around because of its ease of use. The car jack has a chamber which is filled with oil. The oil is applied in the same manner like the hydraulic fluid because it costs less and lubricates the hydraulic chamber.
The hydraulic service jack functions when the plunger is pulled back, then oil is withdrawn from a storage tank into the chamber. A ball check valve in the hydraulic jack prevents the oil from flowing back I the storage tank. Then, the plunger is pushed forward which in turn raises the pressure in the oil. The increased pressure makes the lift arm to start rising. The lift arm position is held back by another ball check valve so that the arm stays lifted till a release is opened. Normally, the hydraulic jack has four wheels and a trolley. One of the advantages of this car floor jack is that it has a high maximum height.
A scissor jack is very commonly used to lift one side of a car so that a tire can be changed. Though it is cheaper that the hydraulic jack, it needs a lot of effort to lift the car off the ground. In addition, it is small in size and can be easily kept in vehicle’s trunk space. The scissor jack functions easily by inserting the crank into a slot and then rotating it. As a result, it causes the screw to pull the sides of the jack toward the middle, thus lifting the car. The only disadvantage of using this service jack is that it has a height limitation and cannot exceed a certain weight of a car as they are compact. This means that it is limited to what duties it can do for you.
Similar to a hydraulic jack, the bottle jacks are hydraulically operated. They are made of concentric cylinders that offer stiffness that are propelled by hydraulic pressure that results from pumping a lever, much like a normal floor jack. One of their advantages is their small footprint. In case you are working with limited space or uneven surfaces, the small footprint enables a bottle jack to be more stable in some scenarios. Their disadvantage is that they don’t get as low as normal floor jacks or scissor jacks because of their really high free height when totally compressed. This in turn makes them to be challenging to sue on lowered cars such as sports cars. They are great to use on trucks and can create the highest lifting capacity.
Safety measures when using a floor jack
- Always raise your car on level ground
- Don’t allow you service floor jacks to support your vehicle by itself. Always apply jack stands for added support.
- Use a jack stand recommended for your car. This means a floor jack that supports the car weight.
- Apply the ideal jacking points on your car
- Always raise and lower your vehicle slowly when using floor jacks.
What to look for before purchasing a floor jack
The best floor jack that you choose should correspond with where you are going to utilize it. If you want a service jack for your garage, you can opt for the heavy duty steel type. Alternatively, if you want a portable car floor jack that you can use from place to place, a lightweight jack made from aluminum can be suitable for you. But generally, jacks are made from steel which will last longer when compared to that made from aluminum metal.
There are usually two kinds of garage floor jacks. One is the standard size and the other is the low profile design. When selecting a car jack based on its profile, you have to put in mind what kinds of car you will be lifting up. If they are sports cars, a low profile floor jack should be used. A standard floor jack is for lifting cars that are raised.
This is considered as one of the most vital feature of any good floor jack. The weight a car floor jack can lift safely is extremely important. Whatever garage jack that you acquire should have a greater lifting capacity than or equal to the total weight of the car. So, ensure that the service floor jack that you intend to purchase has the ability to lift your car safely.
When buying a jack, ensure you concentrate on what is supposed to do. To start with, buy a car floor jack that is suitable for lifting your car to the ideal height and can handle its weight too. There are garage floor jacks suitable for cars, trucks, motorcycles and RVs. Also, if you want a vehicle floor jack for transmission, ensure you pick the right one too. By doing this, you will make your job to be easier and safer.
Lifting range or height
The lifting range of a floor jack is as well crucial. This is because every jack has a different minimum height and lifting range. If you require lifting your car off the ground to a particular distance, then you should choose a garage floor jack with a high lifting height.
Some floor jacks lift the car slowly while others will lift your car a bit quickly. The standard jack takes in between 8 to 10 strokes of the lifting bar. If you need your service jack to attain full high in 3-6 strokes, then you should consider a jack that has dual lifting pistons or quick lift system. This is a bit faster when it comes to lifting the car when compared to a standard jack.
Not every service floor jack out there will give you the same results. Hence, it’s important to go for the best and well-known brands on the market that will deliver quality results. Floor jacks are tools that shouldn’t be taken for granted as an inferior brand may cause more harm than good to you when it doesn’t deliver. Pick the safe and proven brands such as Arcan, Powerzone and JEGS, to just name but a few.
When buying a floor jack, consider if it’s necessary to acquire a simple jack instead of going for a sophisticated one that you won’t be using for long. Look for a floor jack that has features that match your needs and buy it.
Avoid buying a jack that is costly with features that you don’t need.
Top 5 best floor jack reviews 2018
Since there are numerous types and brands of garage floor jacks on the market, picking the best can sometimes be really challenging. Our panel of experts sat down and conducted a research on the best vehicle floor jacks. The 5 best floor jacks below were found to be ahead of the rest in various perspectives. Read further to know more about them and their effectiveness in performance.
Powerzone 380044 garage Jacks(Our top pick)
Powerzone is a notable brand that shouldn’t be left behind when mentioning the best floor jack. Powerzone floor jack is a heavy duty tool with the capability of lifting different types of vehicles. It is made of both lightweight aluminum and heavy duty steel lift arm for strength and longevity. In addition, the garage jack comes with a quick hydraulic lifting system that ensures lifts their car faster. The rear wheel swivel allows easy maneuverability when the jack is in use. The car floor jack has a rubber padded saddle and has foam covered handle to protect car frame.
- Rubber padded saddle
- Aluminum and steel garage jacks
- Best 3 ton floor jacks
- Quick lifting hydraulic system
- Rear wheel swivel
- Safety valve
- Foam covered handle
- The jack can be lifted with ease due to its lightweight
- It can be used both in the garage and travel with for various car services
- It has rubber padded saddle and foam covered handle to secure the car frame
- The rear wheel swivel allow the car jack to move freely
- The quick lifting hydraulic system saves time by lifting your vehicle faster.
Arcan XL2T Black Low Profile Steel service Jacks
Arcan floor jack is also another notable brands when it comes to floor jacks. The Arcan XL service jack is a low profile car jack that can be used almost on any car. The service jack is made from steel metal that makes it to be strong and durable. Despite the jack being sleek, it has a long chasis that covers he car well when being lifted. In addition, it meets the industry safety regulation standard ASM PALD 2009, making it safe for use. It has a dual dump that makes it to lift the car a bit faster than other types of service jacks. This is a wonderful tool to have in your garage.
- Steel service jacks
- 75 inch to 24 inches height range
- Dual pump
- Meets ASME PALD 2009 standard
- Long chasis
- Low profile jacks
- 2 ton capacity
- Arcan XL2T is favorably priced
- It is made of quality steel metal for longevity
- It is a low profile jack to fit under any vehicle
- Meets the industry safety regulation that makes it safe to use
JEGS Performance Products 80006 Professional Floor Jacks
JEGS floor jack is a portable car jack that is well made to lift cars excellently for service. It is built with aluminum which is lightweight allowing the jack to be carried wherever the user wishes to. In addition, it has dual side grip handles for lifting the service jacks easily. The low profile floor jack can be used to lift any kind of car. Its lifting capacity has been rated at 4, 000 lbs which is just excellent. The rubber lift pad that it has is for preventing marring saddle. With such features and many more, the JEGS garage jack is definitely among the best car floor jack on the market.
Check Amazon To View Current Pricing & Availability
- One of the best Aluminum floor jack
- Low profile garage jacks
- Weighs 49 lbs
- Lifting capacity rated at 4, 000 lbs
- Rubber lift pad
- Dual side grip handle
- Two piece handle with handle sleeve
- Knurled grip area
- It is very portable
- Comes with tow handles for easy movement
- Made of quality aluminum material for durability
- It’s a low profile service jack to lift different types of cars
- It has a rubber lift pad to prevent marring saddles
Sunex 6602LP Service Jacks
Sunex is an amazing heavy duty low profile garage jack. Made from steel, this service jack is suitable for use in the garage as it cannot be easily lifted from one area to another. It can handle a number of cars such as sports cars and pick-up trucks, with its low profile design. In addition, it has dual pump pistons that give a quick rise to a car being lifted. Furthermore, the jack has a mi height or 2.75 inches and max height of 24 inches. On purchase of the garage jack, the manufacturer s able to provide a one year warranty.
Check Amazon To View Current Pricing & Availability
- Steel service jacks
- Low profile design
- Dual pump pistons
- 75 inch minimum height and 24 inches max height
- 2 ton garage jacks
- One year warranty from manufacturer
- Has rapid rise technology for quick lifting
- It is a low profile jack with ability to lift many types of cars, sports cars included
- Has a quick release handle
- It has a maximum reaching of 24 inch, thus able to lift even pick-up trucks
- Made from steel to last long and handle heavy duty cars
Arcan ALJ3T Floor Jacks
This is an excellent floor jack for people searching for a car jack to travel with. Arcan floor jacks made from string and lightweight aluminum that makes moving with it from place to place to be simple. The dual pump pistons that the service jack has are for giving a car a quick rise. The reinforced lift arm offers strength, chassis torsion and longevity. The two wheels which are the ball bearing-mounted rear swivel caster wheels and wide track front wheels offer easy movement of the jack. With its minimum height, the car jack can lift low profile cars as well as standard vehicles. Also, the manufacture offers a one year warranty.
- Dual pump pistons
- 3-to capacity
- Aluminum service jacks
- Pistons dust shield
- Bypass and overhead valves
- Reinforced lift arm
- Rear and front wheels
- One year limited warranty
- It I easy to maneuver with the rear and front wheels
- It has a minimum lift height of 3,3/4 inches to lift low profile vehicles
- The dual pistons assist in quick rising of the vehicle
- The lightweight aluminum helps in easy movement or lifting of the car jack from one place to another
- The manufacturer provides a one year warranty to buyers of the service jacks
With all the above information, we hope you’re now informed about the different floor jacks and how they operate. We understand choosing the best floor jack isn’t easy especially for those who don’t know what to look for in the best service jacks. It is important for a person to purchase a floor jack that meets their needs and not just because it’s costly. If you have enough technical knowledge you can build floor jack yourself. Also, the brand you buy from is crucial as here are some bogus brands in the market that don’t deliver excellent performance for long. Make a good choice by picking a functional and quality car jack that will serve you for long.