Transmissions are very heavy to remove and get them back below the car. As a result of this transmission jacks were created to help make this process to be easier and safe. If you’ve ever removed a transmission, then you know the challenges it comes with. But this isn’t the only issues. Choosing the best transmission jack from the several brands being offered on the market isn’t a simple thing to do. For this reason, we decided to highlight and explain more about some of the best telescoping transmission jacks.
Summary of Contents
- 1 4 best transmission jack Review 2019
- 2 What to look for in a transmission jack
4 best transmission jack Review 2019
We have listed here popular brand top rated transmission jacks only.
Goplus 1500 LB 2 stage hydraulic transmission jack (Our Top Pick)
The Goplus 1500 lb is a powerful telescoping hydraulic jack with a long 31 inch safety chain for holding the load in place. It is used to lift or lower transmission of cars that are raised using a car lift. It has an excellent 2 stage hydraulic system and the swivels wheels are able to turn 360 degrees for easy maneuverability. The wider base provides greater stability and it weighs just 130 lbs.
- 1500 lb capacity
- It weighs 130 lbs
- 2 stage hydraulic transmission jack
- 4 legs swivel casters
- Wide base
- 31 inch safety chains
- 360 degrees swivel wheels
- It has a wide base to offer great stability to the transmission
- It has the ability to lift up to 1500 lb
- The 31 inch safety chain is for keeping the transmission intact
- The four legs swivel casters are for easy maneuverability
Torin big red TR4053 Pedestal best Transmission Jack
The Torin big red is among the most highly recommended pedestal transmission jacks on the market. It is sturdily made for longevity with steel and has the ability to lift up to ½ ton. The wide 4 leg base offers the required stability and the safety chain keeps the transmission in place. With its dipped enamel finish, this is a wonderful telescoping jack to have in your modern garage.
- Steel construction
- Adjustable Saddle with corner brackets
- ½ ton capacity
- 4 leg base
- Safety chain
- 3 inches steel wheels
- Dipped enamel finish
- It is sturdily made to last for a long while
- Torin TR4053 has a safety chain to hold the transmission in place
- It is very stable with the wide 4 leg base
- It comes with an adjustable saddle to fit any transmission and safety chain
Iglobalbuy 2 stage 1100lb adjustable height hydraulic telescoping transmission jack
This is a heavy duty jack for lifting loads that don’t exceed 110 pounds. It has a lift range of between 34 inch and 70 inch. The foot operated pump jack comes with an excellent lift range telescopic to stage hydraulic ram that is very effective in performance. These and other features make this transmission jack to be very reliable.
- Two stage hydraulic ram
- Foot operated pump
- Fully adjustable saddle
- Load capacity of 1100 lbs
- Lift range of 34 inch to 70 inch
- 2 year warranty
- Wide 4 leg base with swivel casters
- It can maneuver very easily with its 4 wide leg base with swivel casters
- Positioning the jack below the transmission is made easy with the foot operated pump and lifting pedal.
- It is very durable as its made from heavy duty steel metal
- The wide 4 leg base offers stability
BestEquip Hydraulic Transmission Jack
Last on our list is the BestEquip hydraulic transmission jack. This is another quality telescoping jack with excellent features. It comes with a 26 inch safety chain for locking the load in place. Also, it comes with a wide 4 leg base and 4 iron swivel casters that make maneuvering of the jack to be easy. It has a minimum lit range of 33 inches to a maximum height of 70 inches. Use this to lift car engines, transmissions, and automobile gearbox.
- 26 inch long safety chain
- Hydraulic transmission jack
- Load capacity of 1100lb
- Telescopic two stage hydraulic ram
- 360 swivel wheels
- Wide 4 leg base with 4 cast iron swivels
- 2 stage jack
- Foot pump
- Has a lift range of 3 inches to 7 inches
- BestEquip jack is very easy to use
- It maneuvers easily with the 4 legs and 4 iron swivel casters that move 60 degrees
- It is durably made for long lastingness
- Has a load capacity of 1100lb and can be used to lift loads of that capacity of less
What to look for in a transmission jack
Here are some of the things that a motorist or mechanic who wants to repair a transmission using a jack should look at:
The first thing to look at is the constriction of the transmission jack. Usually, most of the jacks are made of either steel or aluminum metal. These are both durable with portable jacks using aluminum while heavy duty jacks using steel construction. Acquiring a jack with either aluminum or metal will ensure that the jack stands is used for over a long period of time.
Weight of load
This is one of the most important features of a transmission jack. You should buy a jack that is able to handle the load without becoming unstable. Since the transmission will stay on the jack for a very long while, you should make sure that you have chosen the jack with the right weight capacity.
Low profile or high lift
When searching for the best transmission jack, the lift range is really important. First of all, you should know if you need high lift or low profile lift. If your garage has a car lift, then using a high lift jack or telescoping jack as it’s sometimes known will be the ideal thing to do. Small cars that are lifted at home or at a normal garage should use a low profile transmission jack.
Another important factor to look at is the stability of the jack. The transmission jack adapter should offer the highly needed strength and it should be very stable. Pick a jack with a wider base which usually determines how stable the jack is. This normally applies to the high lift jack.
With a wide range of brands offering the same tool with different features, it is vital to select the best. Check online reviews and see what previous users of particular jacks have said about them. If the brand is highly recommended, you can buy the jack from them. Isolate the best from the rest.
Not all transmission jacks come at the same price. There are those that are highly priced and some come at a favorable price. If you want the best, ensure you get a transmission jack with features that serve your needs. If it’s a low profile transmission jack, make sure it has the ability to lift your load safely.
After going through our detailed review about the best transmission jacks, you can now easily pick a transmission jack adapter of your choice with little difficulty. These jacks play a vital role in assisting DIYers or professional mechanics to quickly repair or maintain their transmission. It is important that you select a jack that is able to lift your weight and should be of the right ideal height. Still, have a question after reading this best transmission jack? Comment below.