Autel is one of the biggest scan tool brands in the market. They offer different products to different users, which is vital as some people want to diagnose one car, while others are professionals with different car makes and brands to deal with.
The Autel Maxisys Elite II is an excellent professional scanner that offers advanced functions like bi-directional control, ECU programming, and coding. Aside from the usual OBD2 functions, it can also be utilized as a battery tester, which is essential for electricians.
- 21+ languages support
- 38+ Service
- 17+ languages support
- Active Test
- FCA Access
- No IP restriction
If you’re undecided about whether to invest in this professional scanner or not, this review will assist you in coming up with a candid decision. So, continue reading to find out!
Autel Maxisys Elite II Professional OBD2
|11.25 x 9.84 x 3.94 inches
|Android 7.0 OS
|Samsung Exynos 8895 8-core
|15400 mAh 3.7 V
|All Systems DTC Scan:
|Auto VIN Technology:
|Check Today’s Price on Amazon
Affiliate Disclosure: “Our site is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. This page may include Amazon affiliate links, on which we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.”
Autel Maxisys Elite 2 Advanced Scanner Review:
The Autel Maxisys Elite II is an upgraded version of the Autel Maxisys Elite, MS908S Pro, and MK908P. It performs the same functions as its predecessors and much more. One of the unique functions it provides is battery testing. Here are the major functions the Autel Maxisys Elite II scan tool offers:
- 38+ service functions – this unit offers over 38 service functions, including oil reset, SAS calibration, BMW reset, ABS bleeding, IMMO, Sunroof Initialization, Throat Matching, and much more.
- J2534 ECU programming and coding – this function is only offered to BMW and Mercedes-Benz models. It allows users to program new ECUs, reprogram second-hand ECUs, upgrade ECU software, and repair ECU parameter loss.
- Bi-directional control – this function quickly lets the user locate errors through active tests. Bi-directional control is also referred to as the actuator test. This function also allows the tool to output the commands to ECUs, read data, and monitor the operation of the actuators.
- OE-Level all systems diagnosis – the scanner can diagnose all the vehicle’s systems, including engine, transmission, ABS, EPB, BMS, and much more.
- Advanced ECU online programming – this function enables the user to program blank ECUs or re-flash second-hand ECUs. Moreover, you can update the software or repair the ECU data. This function works with BMW E & F Chassis and some G Chassis. While for Mercedes-Benz, it works with new chassis, such as 204 and 212.
- Advanced ECU coding – this function enables the user to diagnose complicated car problems quickly.
- AUTO VIN – it allows the scan tool to identify vehicles fast by Auto Detect without needing step-by-step manual selection.
- Extended functions – this scanner is compatible with different Autel products, such as the Autel digital inspection camera, battery tester, and oscilloscope.
- Battery tester – the battery tester allows you to test the battery’s health. So, you don’t need a separate unit for testing your vehicle’s battery.
Why is the Autel Maxisys Elite II a unique professional scan tool?
The Autel Maxisys Elite II is a unique tool because it provides high-end functions and can also be utilized to perform battery testing. On top of that, it offers advanced ECU coding and programming. The Autel Maxisys Elite II is faster and more accurate than most professional scanners in its class.
Is the Autel Maxisys Elite II scan tool portable and compact?
Yes, the Autel Maxisys Elite II is a portable and compact scanner. It measures 26.3 x 18.11 x 8.03 – inches. It also weighs around 25.2 pounds, which is relatively light. With these dimensions and weight, the Autel Maxisys Elite II diagnostic scan tool is easy to keep ad transport. You can securely store it in your backpack or toolbox.
Is this scanner easy to use?
Yes, the Autel Maxisys Elite II may be built for professional users, but newbies and home mechanics can use it if they follow the user manual. Besides, since it comes with a tablet design and a large LCD screen, users won’t have a huge challenge figuring it out.
Why is the Autel Maxisys Elite II super-fast?
The Autel Maxisys Elite II is super-fast because it is equipped with one of the fastest processors on the market. It has an Android 7.0 operating system powered by a fast Samsung Exynos 8895 8-core processor. Additionally, it has 128GB of built-in memory for storing information. With these features, the Autel Maxisys Elite II is swift and performs outstandingly.
What vehicles are compatible with the Autel Maxisys Elite II?
The Autel Maxisys Elite II works with different vehicle makes and models. It is compatible with over 140+ car brands and 1000+ models and covers American, European, and Asian car makes and models. On top of that, it supports 2018 and newer FCA car AutoAuth cars, such as Chrysler, Fiat, Jeep, etc.
Despite being compatible with most cars on the market, it is vital to find out if your car’s make and model are compatible before buying this unit.
Is the Autel Maxisys Elite II a multilingual device?
Like most advanced diagnostic scan tools, the Autel Maxisys Elite II is 100% original with multilingual support. A few of the languages it supports are English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Dutch, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, Korean, Polish, and more.
Does the Autel Maxisys Elite II come with free software updates?
Yes, Autel offers one year of free updates. This is quite unfortunate as most of its competitors provide lifetime free updates. Besides, after the one-year offer, the user will have to pay for yearly updates, which is pretty expensive.
Does Autel offer a warranty?
Autel provides a one-year quality warranty to buyers of this product. Furthermore, it provides a 30-day money-back guarantee and replacement. So, if you detect that your scanner has an issue, you can have it returned for repair or replacement within 30 days of purchasing the unit.
Who should buy the Autel Maxisys Elite II?
Since the Autel Maxisys Elite II is advanced with high-end features and functions, it is best suited for professional technicians and busy auto repair shops. It offers many functions that most car enthusiasts and DIYers will find unnecessary. Besides, it is also very costly and complicated to use.
Autel MaxiSys Elite II vs. Autel MaxiSys Ultra vs. Autel MaxiSys Elite OBD2 Scanner
|MaxiSys Elite II
|Octa-core 2.3GHz + 1.7GHz
An Alternative of Autel Maxisys Elite II:
- Dimensions: 11.81 x 8.66 x 1.97 inches
- Weight: 15.47 pounds
- Works: 1996 and newer vehicles
- Larger screens, Color screen: Yes
- Read & Erase DTCs: Yes
- Update option: Yes
- Get transmission codes: Yes
- Views freeze frame data: Yes
- Built-in 8-megapixel rear camera: Yes
- Read/write transponder data: Yes
- 30+ Service Function: Yes
- Full system diagnostics: Yes
- Warranty: One year
The Autel Maxisys Elite II bi-directional scanner with battery tester is one of the best professional tools in a busy garage to perform advanced tasks. It is also fast, accurate, and ergonomically designed for ease of use.
Pros of the Autel Maxisys Elite II
- It is sturdily constructed for longevity
- It is sleek and lovely
- The scanner is straightforward to utilize
- It is fast and accurate
- It has a large display for showing different parameters clearly
- The device performs various functions
- It provides extensive vehicle coverage
- The manufacturer offers one year of free updates
- It is a multilingual unit
- It comes with a one-year warranty
Setbacks of the Autel Maxisys Elite II
- It isn’t very easy to use by newbies and DIYers
- Buying software updates is expensive
- Some functions are limited to particular vehicles
However, some functions, like advanced ECU online programming, are limited to certain Benz and BMW models. Generally, it is an excellent automotive diagnostic scanner that will help professional mechanics and busy repair shops diagnose more than 140 vehicle brands in the market.
People Also Asked
What differentiates the Autel Maxicom MK908P and Autel Maxisys Elite II?
The Auto Maxicom MK908P and Autel Maxisys Elie II share many features. However, the Autel Maxisys Elite II is a more advanced scanner than the Autel MK908P. First and foremost, this diagnostic scanner is more advanced than the latter. Additionally, it offers additional functions and features, such as battery testing. It is also faster than the MK908p scan tool.
Is the Autel Maxisys Elite II a wireless scanner?
This scan tool is wireless, as it comes with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections. Link this tool to Bluetooth if you want to diagnose cars from outside.
Can the Autel Maxisys Elite diagnostic scan tool work with the 2009 BMW X5?
Yes, this scanner can work with all cars made in 1996 or later. This unit will diagnose if the car is OBD2 compliant. It is compatible with over 1000+ vehicle models.
Kevin Nicholas is an automotive technician who is a genius at software and hardware-related issues. He manually tested more than a hundred OBD scanners and gave his honest opinion on whether the device was worth the money or not. His in-depth OBD review articles help people choose the right product, whether it is a European, American, or Asian vehicle. He completed his Automotive Specialized Training Course at Universal Technical Institute and has more than 15 years of experience in the field.
Summary of Contents