If you’re looking for a professional-level automotive diagnostic scanner with bi-directional control and key programming functions in one unit, the Autel MaxiCom MK908P scanner is the best choice. Some tools usually have these features in separate devices, but the Autel MaxiCom MK908P offers them both in one unit. Read this Autel MaxiCom MK908p review to know more about this automotive diagnostic scan tool.
Apart from providing key programming and full bi-directional control, the Autel MK908P scan tool also supports all OBD2 test modes, OBD2 functions and performs 20 plus special services. These functions are displayed on a large screen for easy reading, and it has a fast processor than Autel Maxisys MS906BT and Autel MS906TS Maxisys automotive scanner. Together with a large storage capacity and wireless connection, you get more than what you pay for.
Technical Specifications of the Autel MaxiCOM MK908p TPMS Scanner
Autel MaxiCOM MK908P
|Display:||10.1-inch capacitive touchscreen|
|VCI box for Bluetooth connection:||Yes|
|Comprehensive OBD relearn coverage:||Yes|
|Autel MX sensors programming:||Yes|
|Activate 98% of TPMS Sensors:||Yes|
|Advanced TPMS function:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||12.28 x 8.19 x 1.42 inches|
|Fitted OS:||Android 4.4.2. KitKat operating system|
|Vehicle Coverage:||Ford,Buick,Cadillac,Chevrolet,Chrysler,Geo,GMC,GMC Truck,Hummer,Hyundai,Kia,Pontiac,Mazda,Saturn,SCION, etc|
Read the entire review before deciding whether to acquire this tool for your auto shop or personal cars.
Autel MaxiCom MK908p Review 2022
Summary of Contents
- 1 Technical Specifications of the Autel MaxiCOM MK908p TPMS Scanner
- 2 Autel MaxiCom MK908p Review 2022
- 3 Functions of the Autel MaxiCom MK908P
- 4 Pros of Autel Maxicom MK908P diagnostic scanner
- 5 Cons of the MaxiCom MK908P Scan tool
- 6 Who should buy this Autel MK908p scanner?
- 7 Conclusion
Sleek and elegant design
The Autel OBD2 scanner brand has some of the most advanced devices on the market. The first thing that meets your eyes is the Autel MK908P is its sleek construction. The device resembles a tablet, meaning it is easy to handle and operate. From the looks, you can quickly tell that this is a sophisticated scan tool.
It is followed by a large intuitive screen that displays all the results from the tests carried out. Whether it is displaying live data, graphs, or regular codes, the 10.1-inch capacitive touchscreen will show all the outcomes clearly, even in poor conditions.
The scanner boasts of one of the most powerful processors (Samsung Exynos Hexa-core processor) on the market. As a result, you will have quick results, which allows you to perform many tests within a short time.
Related article: What would be the best option between Autel MX808 and MK808?
Large storage capacity
With an internal memory of 64GB and 2GB RAM, you will be overjoyed to own this tool. You can keep all your client’s info and have an easy time diagnosing their vehicles every time they visit. Also, you add your files for future use.
Excellent operating system
The scanner is fitted with Android 4.4.2. KitKat operating system, which allows the user to multitask when using this tool. You can carry out various diagnostics tests at once without the device slowing down on performance. But at such a high price, this may prove to be uneconomical for such a group of people. So if the price is an issue, you can use a mid-ranged scanner such as Autel Maxicom MK808 or an upgraded Autel Maxidas DS708 scanner.
The scan tool does not rely on vehicle power as it comes with its own 15000 mAh lithium-polymer battery. This battery will give you a runtime of 7 hours plus.
Extensive vehicle coverage
If you own a car repair shop and handle different vehicle makes and models daily, the Autel MK908P will match your needs. It works with more than 80 US, Asian, and European cars. Nonetheless, call Autel and find out which vehicles are compatible with this device.
If you don’t intend to use the OBD2 cable in diagnosing your car, you can opt to connect the device using Bluetooth. It is fitted with BT v.2.1 + EDR, which provides a strong connection. It also comes with Wi-Fi, which allows you to update the scanner.
Warranty and Software upgrade
Buyers are awarded a 1-year of free software upgrade and a one-year warranty. Note that after one year, you will have to pay for software upgrades, and they are somewhat costly.
Functions of the Autel MaxiCom MK908P
- Full OBD2 functions – you can use this tool to execute all basic OBD2 functions such as reading and erasing error codes, viewing live data, freeze frame data, etc.
- Supports special services – It also supports multiple special functions such as oil light reset, SAS reset, EPB reset, PDF reset, ABS, BMS service, and much more which you may not find with the Autel Maxidas DS808K scan tool.
- Supports all systems – It supports all systems like the engine, transmission, ABS, SRS, transmission, etc.
- Full bi-directional control – this tool has full bi-directional control over vehicle-specific subsystems and parts such as SRS, ABS, roof, window, and door.
- ECU coding
- 20 plus OE-level diagnostics
- Auto VIN technology – you no longer have to take a lot of time trying to identify the vehicle make, model, and year of manufacture with the Auto Vin function. It gives you the details instantly.
- ADAS compatibility – ADAS or advanced driver assistance systems is a range of vehicle systems that help the driver either through passive alerts or active control of the vehicle to drive safer and with greater attention. Autel ADAS calibration covers the following car makes: Audi, Benz, BMW, Lexus, Ford, Volvo, Toyota, VW, Infiniti, KIA, Nissan, GM, Honda, and Hyundai.
Pros of Autel Maxicom MK908P diagnostic scanner
- User-friendly design
- Multilingual menu
- Sleek and sturdy construction
- Faster and efficient in performance
- Wireless connection for convenience
- Performs basic, special, and advanced functions
- It works on most 1996 and newer vehicles
- 12-month free software updates
- 1-year warranty
Cons of the MaxiCom MK908P Scan tool
- It is quite expensive
- It has compatibility problems
- Key program and fob are limited on a few vehicles. Autel IM608 has a more advanced key programming feature.
Who should buy this Autel MK908p scanner?
If you’re a busy mechanic or professional technician with advanced car problems, you will be delighted to have this tool. The Autel MaxiCom MK908P diagnostic scanner is easy to use ad intuitive. It is also fast and efficient in performance. You can use it to perform oil reset, EPB, SAS, injector coding, and much more.
On top of that, you can use it to diagnose advanced functions like ECU coding, ABS bleed, and bi-directional control. DIY enthusiasts, car owners, and start-up mechanics can also use this tool, if only it helps them diagnose advanced functions.
Autel MaxiCom MK908P is one of those scanners that should be on top of the professional mechanics and technicians lists. Even though this scan tool is quite pricey, it lives up to its cost. The device performs all basic, special, and many advanced functions. It also offers extensive vehicle coverage, which is crucial to mechanics who work in busy garages. The device is even faster than competitor tools and allows the user to multitask without any challenge.
If not for its compatibility issues and high software upgrade charges after the free software upgrade offer, this would be a near-perfect scanner. It also features the usual Autel 1-year warranty and 30-day repair or replacement policy. Overall, this is an excellent professional scanner at such a fantastic price. I hope that this Autel Maxicom MK908P review article has given you a clear idea about this scan tool.
Question: What is the importance of buying a diagnostic scan tool?
Answer: A good OBD2 diagnostic scanner helps you to have a report of the different systems within your car. It allows you to know if the vehicle is safe for driving or whether it needs some repair work done. Also, it helps you pass emissions testing, which is vital in helping to maintain and less polluted environment. Besides, they also help reduce the overall cost of repairs. This is because one can search for specific maintenance prices and don’t wait for the mechanic to quote any price that they wish.
Question: What is the main difference between the Autel MK908P and Autel Maxisys Elite?
Answer: Many people tend to confuse these two diagnostic scanners. This is because they share many features and differ in just a few. The Autel MaxiCom MK908P is somewhat lighter and more portable than the advanced Autel Maxisys Elite scan tool. Additionally, it is faster since it comes with a more sophisticated processor. The display is also larger, making reading and erasing errors straightforward. Another area where the Autel MK908P dwarfs the Autel Maxisys is in terms of storage. It has a larger storage capacity, allowing it to store more data.
Question: What accessories does the Autel MaxiCom MK908P feature?
Answer: The Autel comes well-packaged with all the accessories that you need. These include all the cables and connectors required. You will find an OBD2 cable, a mini USB cable, a 2.0 USB cable, an Ethernet cable, and several OBD2 adapters. Furthermore, it features an AC adapter, a cigarette lighter charger, and a lithium-polymer battery.
Still, have questions after reading this Autel MaxiCom MK908p review? Comment below.