Has your check engine light been giving you sleepless nights? It’s time to acquire a quality code reader to scan and erase codes that are causing the check engine light to come on. A diagnostic scanner is a very crucial tool for any motorist as it helps them know what the problem is even before taking a vehicle to a mechanic. With so many brands on the market, it is vital to select from the best. The Innova 3040 scanner shows Live Data in real-time, Read and erase “Check Engine” light warnings on, Read and erase ABS light trouble codes, Reset the Oil Service Light, and more! Read this Innova 3040 review to know more about why I am buying this diagnostic OBD2 scan tool.
Affiliate Disclosure: “Our site is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. This page may include Amazon affiliate links, on which we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.”
Technical specifications of the Innova 3040 Scan tool (Upgraded 3040e)
|Works:||All 1996 and newer car|
|Check Engine Light:||Yes|
|Domestic ABS Codes:||Yes|
|Live Data Graphing:||Yes|
|Oil Light Reset:||Yes|
|View Live Data in real-time:||Yes|
|Product Dimensions:||10.6 x 7.5 x 1.8 inches|
|Item Weight:||1.1 pounds|
|Software Update:||Yes (Via the internet)|
|Price:||Check Today’s Price|
Video Review of the Innova 3040 Scan Tool
The Innova brand is one of the most famous and reliable brands on the market. Diagnostic scan tools from Innova provide the user with the guarantee that their emission scan requirements are sorted out. These scan tools are made with outstanding features and are compatible with most vehicles.
Check Price On Amazon
One of the great series of the Innova scan tool is the 3040, just like Innova 3030 tool and Innova 3100 scanner. It is convenient, reliable, and economical, too. It comes with a pouch for storage, and it is lightweight for easy use.
Summary of Contents
More Details- Innova 3040 OBD2 Review in 2023
In this review, we are going to talk about the Innova 3040, Innova 3040d, and Innova 3040e scan tools. All of these functions with vehicles manufactured from 1996 or newer, with the inclusion of cars, minivans, light trucks, SUVs, or hybrids. They include both domestic and foreign vehicles. These have been discussed further as follows:
Innova 3040 diagnostic scan tool
Compared to Autel, Innova diagnostic scanners are compact and lightweight devices with amazing features. Innova 3040 can function on a wide range of cars, trucks, minivans, SUVs, and hybrids manufactured from 1966 and newer, both domestic and foreign.
- Internet USB updatable
- Read check engine light warnings on any 1996 and newer car, light truck, minivan, and SUV.
- Multilingual on-screen definitions and interface
- Automatically refreshes data every 30 seconds
- Large LCD display
- View OBD2 live data as well as freeze frame data
- Battery backup
- Carrying pouch
- Mini USB cable to link the OBD2 port
- Innova 2-year warranty
It is multilingual and has a large display screen for easy reading of data. The battery backup can be used when the car engine is out of power and has a carrying pouch for easy carry of the device.
- It is compatible with a wide range of vehicles manufactured from 1996 and newer, both domestic and foreign.
- It is compactly designed and lightweight for easy use in a busy repair shop or garage.
- This can be updated by using the USB cable to link it to the internet for the latest cars. This guarantees long-term use.
- Using this device is very easy with the large LCD display that shows the outcomes.
- Storing the scan tool is not a problem at all, as it is lightweight and can easily fit in a pocket. Also, it has a carrying pouch for keeping the device safe when not in use.
- If your car runs out of power, you can still go ahead and scan the engine by using the battery backup.
Related article: Compare all these Innova 31703, 31403 & 31003 scanner models
- This scan tool has a unique feature that automatically refreshes data every 30 seconds when connected to the vehicle, thus making it simple to inspect repair completion.
- The Innova 3040 offers three different languages to its user from which they can choose. These include French, English, and Spanish.
- The device comes with ready support features from the ASE technical support, which has a partnership with Innova Corporation to service OBD2 scan tools.
- The display has the ability to depict both live data and freeze data options. This assists the technician in detecting where the issue is and sorting it out before it gets worse.
- The scan tool may not be in a position to read some data from some vehicle brands. This is a setback if it doesn’t work on your vehicle. You can use the upgraded Innova 31603 car scan tool to get better coverage.
Innova 3040d diagnostic code reader
With the ability to perform a wide range of tasks, this diagnostic scanner is a must-have tool for DIY enthusiasts and professional technicians. The Innova 3040d can perform battery/alternator tests, check engine lights, diagnose an anti-lock braking system (ABS), and stream real-time live data when connected to a vehicle. It offers users three different languages and has a large LCD screen for displaying scanned results. It is compatible with a wide range of vehicles, both domestic and foreign.
- Patented all-in-one screen
- Read and erase ABS light trouble codes for most GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, and Toyota vehicles.
- Read and erase check engine light warnings on any foreign or domestic 1996 and newer light truck, car, SUV, and hybrid.
- Battery or alternator test checks
- Like Innova 3120 device, view live data in real-time
- Measures 6.5 X 1.8 X 10 inches
- Diagnose and erase the anti-lock braking system
- Stream real-time live data
- It is very easy to use with the multilingual feature and the large colored display screen.
- It is compatible with different cars, and its Updatebility feature makes it to be used for a very long period of time.
- This tool enables the user to check the performance of the car’s battery and alternator by performing a battery/alternator test.
- It is lightweight and very easy to carry
- Offers accurate troubleshooting and diagnosis as one can view live data in real-time
- It doesn’t function on all vehicles, and you should be sure that it is compatible with your car brand or model before buying it.
- It is not Bluetooth enabled scanning device
Innova 3040e diagnostic scan tool/code reader
The Innova 3040e code reader is a great tool with outstanding features. It can reset the oil service light, diagnose and erase ABS codes, and inspect the performance of a car’s battery and alternator.
In addition, it has a colored LCD screen and is multilingual for easy use. Use the USB cable to update it and get a one-year warranty on the purchase of this diagnostic scan tool.
- Reset the oil service light
- Read and erase ABS light trouble codes for most GM, Ford, Toyota, Chrysler, and Honda vehicles.
- Reads and erases check engine light warnings on any foreign or domestic 1996 and newer car, SUV, light truck, or Hybrid.
- Battery/Alternator test
- Large LCD-colored screen
- USB cable
- Lifetime updates
- One year warranty
- The device has the capability to read and erase check engine lights on different vehicles built from 1996 and newer.
- It has a large LCD display screen that makes the reading of codes and other results to be easy and quick.
- This model is cheaper than the advanced Innova 3150 and the latest Innova 3160 scanners.
- Innova 3040 has an excellent stream of real-time live data and graphs up to two parameters at a time.
- It has the capability to check the performance of a vehicle’s battery and alternator.
- It is able to diagnose and erase anti-lock braking system codes on most 1996 and newer GM, Toyota, Honda, and Chrysler vehicles.
- The manufacturer offers a one-year warranty
- It is not compatible with all vehicles manufactured from 1996 and newer.
Comparison Table: Innova 3040RS vs. Innova 3100RS OBD2 Scanner Tool
|Features||Innova 3040RS||Innova 3100RS|
|Dimensions: ||27.51 x 18.39 x 5.59 cm||15.24 x 8.38 x 2.54 cm|
|Screen Size:||2.8 Inches||3.5 Inches|
|Weight:||13 ounces||14.3 ounce|
|Battery & Charging System Test:||Yes||Yes|
Alternative: Innova 5210 OBD2 Scanner
- Dimensions: 6 x 3.3 x 1 inches
- Screen Size: 2.8 Inches
- Weight: 11.2 ounces
- Read and Clear Vehicle Codes: Check Engine – ABS
- Oil Light Reset: Yes
- Active & Bi-Directional System Tests: No
- Emissions Check: Yes
- Repair Solutions2 App: Yes
- Read Oil Level & Oil Life: No
- Battery Reset: No
- ABS Brake Bleeding: No
- Live Data: Yes
- Freeze Frame Data: Yes
Choosing an advanced diagnostic code reader is no easy thing. But if you decide to pick from Innova, you can be certain that you are choosing from one of the best brands. The Innova diagnostic 3040 series scan tools are some of the best, with exceptional features but at a very great price. When compared to scanners in their range, the above three Innova scan tools are reliable and do what they say they do. Simply pick one that you think meets your needs and get to scan your car or car. Was this Innova 3040 review article helpful? Comment below if you have any questions.
I have explained everything in this Innova 3040 review that you should know about this tool.
Kevin Nicholas is an automotive technician who is a genius at software and hardware-related issues. He manually tested more than a hundred OBD scanners and gave his honest opinion on whether the device was worth the money or not. His in-depth OBD review articles help people choose the right product, whether it is a European, American, or Asian vehicle. He completed his Automotive Specialized Training Course at Universal Technical Institute and has more than 15 years of experience in the field.
Just picked up an Innova 3040e from Amazon. Works great, it’s simple, updated the firmware when plugged into the computer. Everything has gone smoothly with no error. The only error so far is my damn car. Mine did not include a pouch nor a mini USB cable, but If you are looking to buy this particular model, save yourself $20 and get it on Amazon. I will recommend this tool and the Innova brand. Good quality +1