The Actron cp9690 trilingual auto scanner is an excellent device for DIY enthusiasts. It provides excellent features that have the ability to read manufacturer-specific DTCs, chart engine data, record and playback kept vehicle data, and the ability to print the data with the help of your pc or laptop. Actron scanner is ideal for use on all 1996 or newer import and domestic OBD2 and CAN vehicles, 1994 to 1995 OBD2 up-to-date vehicles, and 1984 to 1995 Ford, GM, Chrysler, and Toyota OBD 1 vehicles. Is it a good auto scanner? Read further of this Actron CP9690 reviews article to know the details features of this auto scanner.
Technical specifications of the Actron CP9690 Scan Tool
|Works:||ALL 1996 and later vehicles|
|Display:||Easy to read color LCD screen|
|Check Engine Light:||Yes|
|Record, playback, and graph live engine data:||Yes|
|OBD I cables and coverage:||Yes|
|Update option:||Yes (Via the internet)|
|Views freeze frame data:||Yes|
|Oil light and battery reset:||Yes|
|Battery system monitor:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||10.2 x 13.6 x 5.4 inches|
|Get transmission codes:||Yes|
|Price:||Check Today’s Price|
After recording or carrying out different tests, these can be easily read on the large LCD color screen that it comes with. The screen has a backlight that allows the user to read the gadget even in dim or extremely bright conditions.
Summary of Contents
Also, it has a battery backup in case your engine is out of power or, if required to save engine power. Despite having excellent features, this scan tool doesn’t come at a simple price. This is one of the things that make people not purchase it. But actually, it is worth the price. This is an upgraded version of Actron CP9680 and the Actron CP9670 auto scanners.
Product description & Actron CP9690 Reviews
- OBD 1 cables and coverage
- Large LCD color screen
- Record, playback, and graph live engine data
- Trilingual menu
- ABS and SRS Airbag coverage
- Has the ability to print data to PC
- Reads all OBD 1, OBD 2, and CAN car engine codes
- OBD II definitions/codes
- Compatible with 1966 and newer vehicles, both domestic and foreign
- Oil light and battery reset
- Updatable by use of USB plug
- Powertrain and ABS vehicle coverage
- Backup battery
Benefits of the cp9690 scan tool
- It is user-friendly – this is one of the easiest scan tools to use on the market co mpared to other professional scanners. It has a large display screen that clears displays the data carried out by the device. The information is displayed in colored form, making it easy and quick to read. There is a backlight that ensures that the user doesn’t get inconvenienced when he or she uses it in dark or poorly lit environments.
- Different languages – with three languages to choose from, this is a great device to have. You can decide to set it in Spanish, English, or French. Choose a language that you understand better or are conversant with.
- Compact and lightweight design – some diagnostic scanners on the market weigh heavily and are not suitable to walk or move around with. This is not the case with the cp9690 diagnostic tool. It weighs less, and its compact designs allow the user to fit it in the pocket or back very easily. So, you won’t have the burden of carrying it during work or after work.
- Fast and precise results – if you have been getting the wrong codes or tests, then you should change to a more reliable and accurate scan tool. The CP9690 trilingual scanner delivers quick and accurate results. That’s why many people love it. You can never go wrong with it.
- True link technology and code connect – these are two amazing features for a scan tool to have. On top of that, it does fast fixing of the diverse data code with the inclusion of the fixing of the check engine light.
- Internet Updatability – if you buy one of the latest car models, you don’t have to worry about this tool not delivering. It is updatable to conform to the current onboard diagnostic scan user’s needs. This is made possible by the special USB port that the manufacturer includes in the purchase. Just connect it to the internet to update the device. The only setback is the device is does not support Bluetooth conectivity.
- Wide coding – this is one of the most versatile scan tools on the market. This is because it has the ability to read codes on both the OBD I and OBD II compatible vehicles. It can read over 26 million codes. Hence you should be certain that it will read and identify the different codes on your vehicle.
- Has lived as well as freeze data readings – today, it is important that the OBD2 scanner that you purchase is able to carry out live data and freeze data reading. The cp9690 has the capability to store data for future use as well as the graphic presentation of the same. Besides, you can as well decide to have live and freeze data in hard copy if you want to. That’s how special the cp969 diagnostic scanner is.
- External power source – are you worried about your low car battery? You shouldn’t, and the cp9690 scan tool comes with backup power. This is an external battery that can be connected to the scanner to save on the engine power or use the device when your car has no power at all. Sometimes, the battery of the car may run out while carrying out a scan which might leave you clueless and not knowing what the error is. The backup battery helps in such a scenario as it will continue performing the test.
- Improved features – this diagnostic scan tool comes with unique features that are not present in most of the other devices. The first feature is the code connect aspect that enables fast fault code correction and compatibility across the body. Also, the OBD1/OBD2 scanner covers the antilock brake system, which is a safety measure. Also, it resets the oil light and battery.
- Comprises of OBD 1 oriented accessories – since this scan tool covers both OBD1 and OBD 2 compliant vehicles, it comes with a cable and other accessories meant for OBD I cars. It works great in detecting codes in both old generation vehicle models and new generation vehicle models.
- Very efficient – when it comes to identifying car engine problems, the cp9690 is very efficient in that regard. This is why it is regarded as one of the most efficient and fast scan tools on the market. Besides providing very quick outcomes, it is also accurate.
- Extremely economical – considering the different features that it comes with and its ability to cover almost all obd1 and obd2 compatible vehicles, this can be seen to be very economical. So, you can use it on different car brands and models. Furthermore, it has different code capacities and enhancing features to go with.
- Reliable support – using this tool enables the user to get in touch with the ASE technical staff, which is an online center that offers some of the most current queries that enable the tool users to enjoy uninterrupted data code reading and analysis with up to the minute answers to the different uses of this tool.
I have explained everything in our Actron CP9690 reviews that you should know. If you have any questions, comment below.
With so many diagnostic scanners on the market, choosing one that meets your different needs is really important. Some scanners have diverse features while others don’t. That’s why it is important to know what the scan tool performs before acquiring one. The CP9690 scan tool is one of those outstanding diagnostic scanners on the market. It can perform tests on both OBD 1 and OBD2 compatible vehicles. Thus, it is suitable for mechanics or car repair shops. In addition, it has some exceptional features like code connect, trilingual menu, powertrain & ABS car coverage, and oil light and battery reset that make it be a top scan tool on the market. I hope you have gotten a clear idea after reading our Actron CP9690 reviews.