There is a good chance that almost every single person has at least two or more items made from leather. Leather can be found at home, in vehicles and even in the office. For instance, there are leather car seats, leather sofa sets or couches, leather jackets, leather shoes, leather belts, leather office seats and many more. So, if you’ve an item or product made of leather and wants to take good care of it, picking a good leather cleaner is vital. There are numerous leather cleaners and knowing how to pick the best is really important especially for newbies. So, what is the best leather cleaner of 2018?
When leather is treated well, it can last for a long time. This is because it comes into contact with a number of things such as grime, dust, dirt body sweat, grease and many other substances. But the use of the right leather care products can maintain the quality of your leather by getting rid of these harmful substances while at the same time conditioning the leather. The oil removed during cleaning is restored and the leather maintains its natural appeal.
If you want to find out what the best leather conditioner is, read on.
- 1 Importance of maintaining leather
- 2 Factors to consider when buying a leather cleaner/conditioner
- 3 The top 5 Best leather cleaner reviews
- 3.1 Chamberlain’s leather milk leather conditioner and cleaner (Our Top Pick)
- 3.2 TriNova Leather conditioner and cleaner
- 3.3 Leather honey leather conditioner
- 3.4 Chemical Guys Leather cleaner and conditioner complete leather care kit
- 3.5 Meguiar’s G10916 gold classic rich leather cleaner and conditioner
Importance of maintaining leather
- Leather is very sensitive to harsh substances. So, when you use the wrong cleaner, you may just end up discoloring the material, destroying the finish and drying it out. Since leather is created from animal hide, it has to be treated with protective finish that strengthens it instead of wearing it out.
- Applying leather conditioners and restorers on leather prevents premature aging, drying and cracking, thus prolonging the life of your leather.
- Leather should be conditioned from time-to-time. But several over the counter conditioners are made with oil and waxes. This doesn’t maintain the strength and quality of the leather as oil and wax leave behind a sticky residue that is almost impossible to clean.
- When a wrong product is used to clean the leather, it can strip off the material leaving behind a sticky surface that may deteriorate very quickly.
- If leather isn’t conditioned as needed, it might dry out very easily and lose its quality touch. For instance, exposure to UV rays makes the leather to fade and crack.
- Also, cleaning and conditioning of leather makes it to be very soft and supple.
Great ways to clean natural leather
If you want to properly maintain your leather seat or shoes, you should clean it the right way. Here is what you should do.
- Before you apply polish, you should start by getting rid of dust accumulation using a ting soft fabric.
- Then, place a small portion of natural leather cleaner to the cloth.
- Clean the place of a mild circular activity also enabling the leather to soap up the soap.
- Remove any excess conditioner with a dry cloth.
- Do this at least once or twice a week for great maintenance of the leather seat or bag.
How to treat leather
Treating leather is very simple than you thought. All you need to do is to start by removing any dust, grease, debris or grit that could be on the furniture. You can use a powerful vacuum cleaner to remove them. Take a small portion of the leather conditioner and test it on the leather. If it doesn’t damage the leather, then you can go ahead and rub it on the leather by use of a cloth as you wipe dust and other particles away from it. Finally, you should dry it well and apply a finish if possible so that it remains shinny and sparkling. This should as well be done on a weekly basis so that the leather remains in the best of conditions without losing its natural appeal.
Factors to consider when buying a leather cleaner/conditioner
With so many leather conditioners in the market, it is a great idea getting one that performs well. It should be able to clean, condition and restore your leather. Oils from leather can be lost through the cleaning process, but a high performing conditioner should be able to restore your leather.
Be keen when selecting leather cleaner. This is because some of the leather restorers are made up of toxic components that leave behind a terrible smell after cleaning the leather couch or bag. A protector with natural substances is the best as it won’t leave behind the bad smell experienced from unnatural leather cleaner.
What do you intend to clean with the leather conditioner? Before choosing any leather conditioner, you should know whether it can clean the leather products you have or it’s just meant for a particular product. A good number of the leather cleaners can be applied to clean leather car seats, leather couches, leather bags, purses, leather belts and leather shoes. An all purpose leather protector can be a great choice for a person who has several leather items.
Look at the PH level of the leather restorer before buying. A high or lower PH may not be good for your leather. Many of the conditioners are created with a balanced PH which ensures that efficient cleaning is carried out and the leather’s strength is kept intact.
Another factor that deteriorates leather is the strong UV rays. If you are able to secure your leather from these rays, then you can prolong its life. Exposure to UV rays makes the leather to fade quickly and crack. There are various leather restorers on the market that offer UV protection. So, using them to clean and condition your leather will prolong and maintain the shape of your leather car seats or jacket.
Easy to use
Most of the brands make easy to use and clean solution. All you need to do is to apply the protector on a piece of cloth and get the dirt, grime, dust or spills from your leather office seat, shoe or even leather couch.
Some may argue that a brand doesn’t matter as long as the leather conditioner has excellent components. But they are actually wrong. This is because some brands pose as the best while their products don’t just live up to the hype. Check online reviews of some of the best brands and compare before picking a cleaner that you think will provide outstanding results for you. Some of the notable brands include: Lexol, Meguiar’s, Chemical guy, Leather honey, and TriNova, among many others.
How much have you set aside for your leather conditioner? If you want best of the best, then you will have to dig further in your pockets to get them. Consider acquiring a leather cleaner that can restore and maintain the strength of your leather by fighting off UV rays, dirt, grime, grease and even dust.
The best products always backup their products with warranties. This is to show that they are confident the product they are selling delivers excellent results.
Some of the best leather brands offer money back guarantee and warranties. Consider buying from these.
The top 5 Best leather cleaner reviews
With so many brands offering leather restorers, it’s crucial to pick one that you think is the best for your needs. We understand that this process is not an easy thing and a newbie may end choosing an inferior leather protector. After days of research, we managed to come up with five best leather cleaner. These have been discussed further below:
Chamberlain’s leather milk leather conditioner and cleaner (Our Top Pick)
Do you want to clean your leather watch, belt, shoe, purse or even furniture, use Chamberlain’s leather milk. This is a quality leather care product that has been known for years to provide outstanding conditioning to leather items. It is made of natural substances which imply that it doesn’t harm the environment and lacks the bad smell that toxic ingredients have. Besides, it has an amazing natural fragrance that will leave your leather smelling fresh after applying it. Also, it comes with a free reusable premium applicator pad to apply the leather milk onto the leather product. Buyers of this leather restorer are awarded a 100% money back guarantee in case they find the product not worthy. This is the best leather cleaner for purses, handbags, jackets, boots, shoes, furniture, sofa, couches, saddles and more!
- All natural leather restorer
- Amazing fragrance
- Cleans, conditions and restores leather
- Chemical free
- Free reusable premium applicator pad
- Made in America
- 100% money back guarantee
- It cleans, conditions and restores old leather to look like new.
- It is all natural and doesn’t have the toxic substances that can make it to have a bad smell after cleaning.
- Comes with a free premium applicator pad to use leather milk onto your leather surface
- Manufacturer offers buyers 100% money back guarantee
- Has a wonderful fragrance that will leave your leather smelling natural.
TriNova Leather conditioner and cleaner
The TriNova leather conditioner is a powerful product that can be used to clean your leather jacket, belt, car seat, cloth, shoe or as well wrist watch. It comes with a unique ingredient that protects the leather from UV rays. It is odorless as it doesn’t contain toxic substances and a single 18oz bottle will sustain you for a while depending on how you utilize it. Also, a complimentary applicator pad is awarded by the manufacturer for use to apply eh conditioner onto the leather surface for cleaning. Made in the USA with a great customer support, you can definitely back on this quality leather care product to treat your leather and make it look new once again.
Check Amazon To View Current Pricing & Availability
- Has UV protection
- Complimentary applicator pad
- 18oz bottle
- Great customer support
- Made in the USA
- It is very easy to use with just a simple solution to clean, condition and restore your leather item
- TriNova leather is odorless as it doesn’t contain any toxic chemicals and won’t leave behind stinking smells.
- It is accompanied by a complimentary applicator pad for applying the TriNova leather protector on the leather surface.
- It protects the surface it is applied on from UV rays.
- TriNova offers one of the best customer service
- Prevents the leather from carking, fading and gives it an improved look.
Leather honey leather conditioner
Leather honey leather conditioner is considered by many users as the best leather care product. That’s why it is the best online selling leather care product. It is highly concentrate and can be mixed to create 32 ounce conditioner. This amazing product can gently and quickly clean all types of leather. Moreover, it is non-toxic and won’t produce any smell after being applied. Made in the USA, you can count on this quality leather restorer to treat and maintain the quality of your leather for a long time. As well, the manufacturer provides an unlimited lifetime guarantee to purchasers. This is the best leather cleaner for cars, furniture and shoes.
- Concentrated formula
- Cleans all types of leather
- Non-toxic leather cleaner
- Makes 32 ounces of mixed conditioner
- Made in the USA
- Unlimited 100% satisfaction guarantee
- It has a highly concentrated formula that can be mixed to create 32 ounces of the conditioner
- Leather honey is a non-toxic substance thus doesn’t produce any strange smell
- It can be applied quickly and gently on all kinds of leather products
- Top brand and the best seller on Amazon in leather care products
- Great customer service
- The manufacturer provides unlimited guarantee.
Chemical Guys Leather cleaner and conditioner complete leather care kit
Chemical guys brand is one of the famous brands when it comes to leather care products. The chemical guys leather cleaner has a balanced pH and is OEM approved. It is colorless and odorless which means it isn’t made of toxic substances. In addition, it prevents the leather from drying, aging or cracking. The complete kit that the conditioner comes with will enable you clean and condition your leather for a stunning look.
- pH balanced
- OEM approved
- Colorless and odorless
- Complete kit
- It easily wipes away contaminants without damaging the leather
- This leather cleaner perfectly penetrates the pores of leather to lift and suspend oils and dirt
- It is pH balanced to provide the most efficient cleaning
- This care kit doesn’t leave any residue and will not play part to fiber deterioration
- It maintain the leather’s strength, durability and look
Meguiar’s G10916 gold classic rich leather cleaner and conditioner
The Meguiar’s G10916 gold classic leather protector is among the best leather cleaners on the market. It contains UV inhibitors that prevent your leather from aging, fading and cracking when exposed. In addition, it has a premium conditioner and aloe he protects the leather from spills and stains that might fall on it. Also, it is very effective and convenient in getting rid of the dirt, grease and grime on your leather. Whatever leather surface you apply on, this meguiar’s leather cleaner will leave it looking stunning.
- UV protection
- Premium conditioners and aloe nourish leather
- 2 oz
- Non-whitening formula
- Great customer service
- It cleans and at the same time protect the leather
- It has UV protectors that prevent the leather from fading, cracking and aging
- Meguiar’s G10916 has a non-whitening and non-greasy formula that gets rid of all the dirt and debris from your leather
- Great customer service will listen to all your queries.
The chase for the best leather cleaner on the market ends here. After looking at different factors to consider when picking the top rated leather cleaner, you should easily pick a leather conditioner of your choice. There are so many brands and types and thus identifying best of the best is important. For you to maintain soft and supple leather, you will have to choose leather cleaner that has UV protection, balanced pH, and made up of natural components. Also, consider buying a leather restorer from one of the notable brands. A quality leather conditioner will ensure that your leather seat, jacket, shoe or belt doesn’t fade or crack when applied. Although, it is difficult but you can make your own leather cleaner too.
With all the detailed information from this review regarding the best leather conditioner, hopefully you’ve found it to be of great support and affected how you will make your next purchase of a quality leather cleaner and conditioner.