If you’re looking for a quality diagnostic scan tool, Innova is one of the best and most reliable brands. Aside from that, they offer high-quality, accurate, and advanced scan tools. Like most scan tool brands, Innova offers different scanners with different budgets and users.
The Innova 6030p, 5210, and 6100p are some of the market’s best budget diagnostic scan tools. Choosing the best scan tool from this lot can be challenging. But with this detailed review, you shouldn’t have a problem picking the best Innova scan tool from their top three budget scanners.
Read on to find out which Innova entry-level scan tool is the best for your needs and budget.
Comparison Chart: Innova 6030p vs 5210 vs 6100p
New Innova 6100p
|Item Dimensions:||11.02 x 7.32 x 2.32 inches||6 x 3.3 x 1 inches||10.08 x 7.4 x 2.32 inches|
|Display Size:||2.8″ Color||2.8 Inches||2.8″ Color|
|Weight:||12.6 ounces||11.2 ounces||16.6 ounces|
|Navigational information:||It has a 9-button function panel, arrows, and hotkeys||It has a patented all-in-one screen and hotkeys||9-button function panel, arrows, and hotkeys|
|Compatible vehicle module:||Only the US-manufactured vehicles||It supports all 10 OBD2 modes having almost compatible with any brands||Compatible with any type of manufacturer-specific car, the ABS & SRS module is compatible with more than thirty brands.|
|Target users:||Perfect for the Advanced level mechanics and DIYers||Best for only beginners and DIYers||Perfect for the basic and beginning-level DIYers|
|Freeze Frame Data:||No||Yes||Yes|
Which scan tool is right for me in terms of size and dimensions?
These scan tools are compactly built for ease of use and storage. The lightest unit is the Innova 5210, with a weight of 11.2 ounces, followed by the Innova 6030p, 12.6 ounces. The Innova 6100p is the heaviest, with a weight of 1.04 pounds.
The Innova 6100p is also the biggest as it measures 10.08 x 7.4 x 2.32 – inches. On the other hand, the 5210 professional scanner measures 6 x 3.3 x 1 – inches and is also the smallest. Last but not least, the Innova 6030p measures 11.02 x 7.32 x 2.32 – inches,
Are all scanners easy to use?
Yes, the Innova 6030p, 5210, and 6100p are easy to utilize. Thanks to their ergonomic design and intuitive user interface. They also feature a large 2.8-inch color screen for quick and easy viewing of outcomes. They are also plug-and-play devices, meaning you can use them straight out of the box.
Which scan tool is more advanced with more features and functions?
The most advanced Innova scan tool from this list is the Innova 6100p. Unlike the 6030p and 5210 professional scan tools, this tool offers additional functions such as supporting SRS and the transmission system. The other two Innova scanners don’t support these two systems.
While the Innova 6030p can be used to perform battery and alternator tests like the 6100p, it cannot be used to conduct oil reset, which the Innova 5210 can. So, the Innova 6100p is the most advanced scan tool, and it is also the costliest among the three scanners.
What vehicles does each scan tool work with?
All the above scan tools are compatible with OBD2 compliant vehicles made in the US from 1996 and newer. Nevertheless, it is also crucial to note that several users with Asian or European car makers have had compatibility problems with Innova scanners. So, if you don’t have a popular US-made vehicle, check for compatibility before purchasing one of the above scan tools.
Do all these scanners support the RepairSolutions2 App?
Yes, all these Innova scanners support the RepairSolutions2 App. Therefore, download the app on your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet and start checking fault codes in your engine. It will also help you to verify, diagnose, and fix error codes with a lot of ease.
What are some of the similarities between these scan tools?
The Innova 6030p, 5210, and 6100p diagnostic code readers are excellent tools with various functions and features. Despite retailing at different prices, these scan tools have several similarities, including:
- They feature a compact and sturdy design that helps to keep the scanner intact even during accidental dropping.
- They have a 2.8-inch backlit screen that makes it easy to view parameters and graphs in poorly lit areas.
- All support 10 OBD2 modes.
- They are compatible with most 1996 and newer OBD-compliant vehicles
- They perform emissions test that prepares your car ahead of an emission investigation
Pros of the Innova 6030p
- It is simple to use
- It is robustly constructed to last
- The device has a 2.8-inch large screen for easy viewing of results
- It provides live data
- It supports all OBD2 modes
- The scanner functions with most 1996 and later vehicles
- It is easy to update using a USB cable
Cons of the Innova 6030p
- The user manual is not very clear
- It does not provide any particular function
Pros of the Innova 5210
- It is well-made to last
- It is ergonomically designed and compact
- The OBD2 tool performs various functions
- It provides live data
- It helps prepare your car for emissions tests
- The device is compatible with most 1996 and later OBD2 compliant vehicles
Cons of the Innova 5210
- It is slightly complicated for beginners
- It only links to one VIN, and you must purchase “keys” to add more vehicles.
Pros of the Innova 6100p
- It is sturdily made to last
- It performs basic and special functions
- The device is easy to operate
- It has a backlit screen for quick viewing in poorly lit places
- It provides extensive vehicle coverage
Cons of the Innova 6100p
- This tool does not come with a USB cable
- It is not compatible with Mac and Windows systems
Who should buy which Innova diagnostic scanner?
The Innova CarScan Pro 5210 scan tool best suits beginner mechanics and car enthusiasts. On the other hand, the 6030p is ideal for DIY mechanics and startup technicians. Last but not least, the Innova 6100p is better suited for home mechanics with lots of cars and advanced problems to deal with.
Innova 6030p vs. 5210 vs. 6100p: Final Recommendation
Now that we’ve reviewed all the three popular Innova entry-level scanners, picking the best one that also suits your needs and budget shouldn’t be an issue. All three scanners are excellent and have their purposes.
The Innova 5210 is the cheapest but also the easiest to use. It lacks some functions but is still a decent scan tool compared to most scanners in its class. Like the 5210, the Innova 6030p is slightly advanced but lacks some features found on the Innova 6100p, such as oil reset.
All in all, these scan tools are perfect for home mechanics, DIY enthusiasts, and beginners. They are easy to use but also have a few setbacks that interested buyers should know about before acquiring them.
Are Innova scanners worth investing in?
Yes, Innova scan tools are worth investing in as they are easy to use, provide accurate results, are advanced, and are very reliable. Besides, the manufacturer offers free software updates and a one-year warranty.
What is the best Innova scan tool?
It depends on what you’re looking for. Innova has many exceptional diagnostic scan tools, making picking one scan tool from the pack quite daunting. Nevertheless, there are some amazing scan tools from different price ranges. The Innova 5210 is the best entry-level scan tool, while the Innova 6100p is the best scanner for the money. The best overall Innova scanner is the 3020RS scan tool.
Does Innova offer a warranty on its products?
Yes, Innova Electronics provides a warranty to the original purchaser that this device is free of defects in material and workmanship under regular usage and maintenance for one year from the original purchase date. Therefore, if the scan tool has a defect or if it’s damaged on arrival, you can take it for repair or replacement.
Are Innova scan tools made in China?
Unlike some major scan tool brands on the market, the Innova scan tool is made in Irvine, California, by certified ASE Master Technicians. Hence, you can expect to receive high-quality and reliable products made with some of the best materials on the market.
More OBD2 Comparison & Review:
Summary of Contents
- 1 Comparison Chart: Innova 6030p vs 5210 vs 6100p
- 1.1 Features
- 1.2 Innova 6030p
- 1.3 Innova 5210
- 1.4 New Innova 6100p
- 1.5 Which scan tool is right for me in terms of size and dimensions?
- 1.6 Are all scanners easy to use?
- 1.7 Which scan tool is more advanced with more features and functions?
- 1.8 What vehicles does each scan tool work with?
- 1.9 Do all these scanners support the RepairSolutions2 App?
- 2 What are some of the similarities between these scan tools?
- 3 Innova 6030p vs. 5210 vs. 6100p: Final Recommendation
- 4 FAQ