The first rechargeable flashlight was discovered in the year 1967 to tackle the cost and management of batteries. At this time the lights were created for rescue workers, firemen and policemen. Today, they have advanced and are used in almost any kind of battery. The best flashlights on the market are actually powered by rechargeable batteries. So, how to find the best rechargeable flashlight of 2018?
Top 5 rechargeable flashlight Comparison Table
|Images||Rechargeable Flashlights||Lumens||Battery||Body & Weight|
|Check Price||(Editor’s Choice)|
Supernova Guardian 1300XL Tactical Rechargeable Flashlight
|2 Rechargeable Lithium 18650 Batteries||Aircraft grade aluminum alloy
W: 1.1 pounds
|Check Price||SOLARAY Handheld LED Tactical Series ZX-1XL Super Bright Flashlights Read Review||Max.=1600L|
|2 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)||Sturdy metal body
W: 7 ounces
|Check Price||Fenix UC30 New Edition USB Rechargeable LED Flashlight Read Review||Max.=1000L|
|18650 rechargeable battery (included)||Aluminum
W: 4.5 ounces
|Check Price||Emergency LED Flashlight EcoGear FX TK130 KitRead Review||Max.=1200L|
W: 6.2 ounces
|Check Price||Streamlight 74751 Strion LED High Lumen Rechargeable Professional Flashlight Read Review||Max.=500L|
|1 Lithium ion batteries required.(included)||Black, aluminum body
W: 5.3 ounces
Check this video reviews:
This is because they are strong and function for long unlike rechargeable batteries. When picking a high performing rechargeable light for various duties such as hunting, fishing, camping, manning or even hiking, it’s important to consider its features rather than the battery alone. What is the best rechargeable flashlight for the money?
In this detailed review, we’ve selected the top 5 rechargeable flashlights with factors to look for, before deciding on the one you think is best for your needs.
- 1 Top 5 rechargeable flashlight Comparison Table
- 2 What to consider while searching for the best rechargeable flashlight
- 3 The top 5 best rechargeable flashlight reviews of 2018
- 3.1 Supernova Guardian 1300XL Tactical Flashlight(Our Top Pick)
- 3.2 SOLARAY PRO ZX-1XL Professional series Flashlight
- 3.3 FENIX UC30 Rechargeable LED Flashlight
- 3.4 Klarus XT12GT Tactical Rechargeable Flashlight
- 3.5 EcoGear FX Camping LED Flashlight kit
- 3.6 Streamlight 74751 Strion Rechargeable Professional Flashlight
- 3.7 Fenix UC35 960 Lumen Flashlight
- 3.8 Klarus G20 Rechargeable Flashlight
- 3.9 Fenix HL60R LED Headlamp
- 3.10 Nitecore P12 1000 Lumen Flashlight
What to consider while searching for the best rechargeable flashlight
You should look the brightness of light, durability, portability, beam distance, size, weight, etc features of a flashlight.
Material of the light
To begin with, it doesn’t matter if a flashlight is small, big, tactical or keychain type. If it’s not durable, then we can as well say you have spent badly on a product that will break or crush easily. A lumen light should be made from quality and strong materials that are impact resistant so that it can serve the user for a very long period of time. Pick an LED flashlight made from stainless steel or aluminum materials. These two materials are the best and will ensure that your rechargeable flashlight serves you for long.
The main reason why people buy a torch is because they want to light a dark place, hunt down something or use it as a form of alert. No matter the usage of the light, having a bright LED light is vital. The brightness level varies from one model to another and it’s important to pick one that comes with different lighting modes. The common lighting modes available include; low, high, medium, strobe and SOS modes. A rechargeable light with these 5 modes will enable the user have control of when to use which light, so that the battery can perform for a longer period.
Type of battery
Rechargeable flashlights are run by two types of batteries that can be categorized as removable and non-removable batteries. Removable batteries are those that can be used up to a certain level and will need to be replaced after sometime. Though, they are also charged. Non-removable batteries are those that are built in and cannot be replaced. The commonly utilized rechargeable batteries are lithium-ion batteries. Built in batteries are better than removable ones as they are environmentally friendly and tend to have a longer lifespan. The most popular batteries names are 18650, AA and AAA.
Depending on the purpose of the flashlight, one can opt to choose either a broad beam light or a spot beam light. Rechargeable lights are some of the best flashlight and the brightest on the market. This is because the rechargeable batteries they use run for long hours and are have a longer lifespan when contrasted to other batteries. If you are a hunter, fisherman or security personnel, you may need a flashlight with a spot beam so that you can view what is far or what you’re chasing. But for people who use led lights at home to search for a missing item or to view their backyard, a broad bean is what they need.
Size of the flashlight
Why are you buying the light in the first place? Is it for hunting, an edc item, for camping or hiking? Whatever use you have in mind, you should acquire a flashlight that is easy to use and operate while performing your respective activity. There are different sizes that can fit different purposes. For instance, if it’s for use at home, an edc or keychain light is well suited for the job. But if you need a powerful and brighter torch, then a medium sized or large flashlight will be ideal for the job. Hunters, fishermen and hikers need flashlights that are comfortable in their hands but at the same time offer bright light to see their target or destination.
A rechargeable flashlight should be easy and fun to carry. Since this is a must have item while out camping, driving or even hiking, it should be selected wisely. A high lumen light that helps you when you are in danger or facing the enemy should never be left behind. Thus, having a flashlight that you can carry always with you is very crucial for survival. Pick a light that is not heavy and compact in size so that it can easily fit in your pocket or bag. Some brands are very heavy and don’t encourage the user to carry them wherever they go. Ensure you select a stylish and lightweight best rechargeable flashlight so that you have it all the time.
Dust and water proof
There are some forces of nature that are difficult to escape, for instance, the weather. Since you never know when the weather of a place may change, it’s important to purchase an LED light that can withstand harsh environments no matter the situation. Opt for the best flashlight with water and dust proof features. When dust and water enter into a torch that isn’t resistant to them, its lifespan is greatly reduced and can lead to shut down. Also, acquiring an impact resistant flashlight makes the light last a little bit longer. Check out such features while looking for the best rechargeable flashlight.
With numerous brands all claiming to create quality and excellent rechargeable flashlights, it’s important to identify the best from the rest. Go through reviews of previous buyers and as well select from well-known brands to avoid throwing away your cash. Brands such as streamlight, Thrunite, Nitecore, Surefire, Klarus and Solaray pro are wonderful in performance. You can choose from one of these or look out for other famous brands too.
If you want the best, you will definitely have to spend more. But this doesn’t mean that the highly priced rechargeable lights are the best. If it’s cheap, don’t be surprised when it falls and crashes to pieces. The best thing to do is to research and find a lumen flashlight that has the features that you need at an affordable price. This will help a lot and you won’t be undecided about which light to buy and which one not to.
Some flashlights are created in a poor way and won’t even last a year. So, it’s advisable to choose from a brand that offers at least one year warranty or replaces part.
Take your time and come up with the best rechargeable light for your needs but at the same time secure your investment with a brand that offers warranty.
The top 5 best rechargeable flashlight reviews of 2018
Finding the quality rechargeable flashlight isn’t a simple thing. But after knowing what to look for as discussed above, this task should be simple and particular. Here are the rechargeable lights that we think are the best in the market.
Supernova Guardian 1300XL Tactical Flashlight(Our Top Pick)
The supernova guardian 1300XL is a supportive brand with a quality flashlight. The manufacturer offers a 5 year warranty that assures buyers of its quality. In addition, the tactical light is simple to operate as it comes with a tail switch. Also, the flashlight has 5 operating light modes which include: low, medium, high, strobe and SOS modes that allow the battery to run for long and for use in different situations.
The textured anti-slip handle makes it easy to control the light when it’s in the user’s hands. Not to forget, it has a brushed aircraft grade aluminum alloy finish that doesn’t just provide it a nice looking but as well prevent it from water. With a 5 year manufacturer’s warranty, this LED light can be ideal for hunters and security guards.
- Tactical tail switch
- Brushed aircraft grade aluminum alloy finish
- CREE XM-L UU LED bulb
- 5 operating light modes
- Textured anti-slip handle
- Manufacturer’s 5 year warranty
- Has a nice grip for easy handling of the light
- It is durably made with aluminum alloy finish
- Comes with 5 operating modes for versatile use
- It is easy to use with the tactical tail switch
SOLARAY PRO ZX-1XL Professional series Flashlight
The CREE XML – T6 bulbs that the solaray pro ZX-1XL has allows the flashlight to produce a bright light. It as well has 5 operating modes which are high, low, medium, Strobe and SOS modes. All these modes have their functions allowing the user to change as per use. The adjustable zoom focus lens means that the user can focus the light rays on a particular spot for clarity. With the aircraft grade aluminum body, expect the light to withstand harsh conditions like dust and water for longevity. Also, the rechargeable flashlight uses lithium-ion batteries that can be charged up to 500 times. The Ultra bright LED flashlight can be applied by hunters, hikers or even police officers.
- 5 light modes
- CREE XML-T6 bulbs
- Rugged aircraft grade aluminum body
- Adjustable zoom focus lens
- It is compact in size for easy carry and usage
- It is durably made with rugged aircraft grade aluminum body
- Comes with 5 lighting modes to give the user different options and manage the power well
- It is water resistant
- The batteries it has can at least be recharged 500 times
FENIX UC30 Rechargeable LED Flashlight
FENIX is the best flashlight brands. The FENIX UC30 Rechargeable LED light produces very bright light with its max 96 lumens. The torch has 4 lighting modes and strobe mode that the user can utilize to perform various activities. The grip of the handle is good and enables the user to handle the light well. In case of bad weather, the Fenix flashlight is both water and impact resistant. Its compact design means that it can be kept with much ease in your pockets or bag. It is powered by two CR123A or one 18650 lithium ion batteries. Carry this best rechargeable flashlight as you go fishing or hiking and you won’t be disappointed.
- CREE XM-L2 LED
- Compact design
- 960 lumens
- Built-in USB charger
- Lumen tactical USB adapter
- 4 lighting modes with strobe
- Toughened ultra clear glass lens
- Handle grip
- It is compact in size for easy storage in the pocket or bag
- It is bright with 960 lumens
- Comes with 4 lighting modes and a strobe mode for defense
- Has a nice grip for easy handling of the led light
- It is both water proof and impact resistant
Klarus XT12GT Tactical Rechargeable Flashlight
The Klarus XT12GT 1600 Lumen light can be used for various activities as it is built for both indoor and outdoor use. You can use the flashlight for camping, searching for lost items, checking the yard, jogging in the evening or even for hiking. The most exciting feature about this flashlight is its magnetic charging capability. Simply attach the magnetic charging connector to the magnetic charging to recharge the battery. Additionally, it has an LED battery capacity indicator that lets you know the battery percentage and enables you to recharge it in time. The 10 Lumen warm light on the magnetic charging connector can be used as a keychain light.
- 0061-T6 Aerospace aluminum alloy body
- Durable tempered glass lens
- Pocket clip
- Patented dual-button tail switch
- Magnetic charging and battery level indicator
- Stainless steel strike bezel
- 4 brightness levels and 2 special modes
- 1600 Lumen maximum output
- 603 meters peak beam distance
- 10 Lumen warm tinted light
- Rechargeable flashlight with a run time of 200 hours
- Sturdy construction for longevity
- Performs various uses with the 4 light modes and 2 strobe modes
- Easy to use with the patented dual tactical tail switch
- Easy to charge with the magnetic charging feature
- Extremely bright light as it produced a maximum of 1600 Lumens
- Not the best customer support from such a great brand
EcoGear FX Camping LED Flashlight kit
If you are looking for the best rechargeable flashlight for hunting or for any other outdoor activity, then the EcoGear FX flashlight is the way to go. This durably made light from military grade aluminum alloy will last for long as it’s impact resistant. In addition, it has an excellent finish made from hard anodized aluminum alloy that keeps water at bay. The CREE T6 LED bulb alongside 1200 lumens max makes this torch to be very bright and powerful in performance. The pocket clip allows the user to securely keep the EcoGear light after use. With the 5 lighting modes, the user can perfectly control how the battery runs for longer use.
- CREE T6 LED bulb
- Zoom function
- Military grade aluminum alloy
- Hard anodized finish
- 1200 lumens
- 5 lighting modes
- Pocket clip
- It is compactly designed to fit in tight areas
- Has a pocket clip for easy carry by placing on the belt or pocket
- It is very bright with a maximum of 1200 lumens
- It is really durable as its made from military grade aluminum alloy
- Has 5 lighting modes for better performance
- The hard anodized finish is water resistant and gives the led light a nice look
Streamlight 74751 Strion Rechargeable Professional Flashlight
When you discuss about the best rechargeable flashlight on the market, streamlight is worth mentioning. This brand has led flashlights in almost all categories. The streamlight 74751 professional light is created using quality anodized aluminum that last long. Furthermore, the lumen flashlight is compact enough to fit in tight places. Its lighting modes include; low, high, medium and strobe modes. These help I different scenarios and can help the user control how the battery is used. The 500 lumens max enables the flashlight to produce a very bright light for use while guarding, camping, in dark alleys and while fishing. The manufacturer gives a limited lifetime warranty to the purchaser’s of this rechargeable LED light.
- Anodized aluminum construction
- C4 LED bulb
- Deep-dish parabolic reflector
- Knurled body for grip
- 500 lumens
- 4 light operating modes
- Water resistant
- Limited lifetime warranty
Why buy this?
- Made with durable material for longevity
- Comes with 3 light operating modes with strobe mode for security
- It is bright with a max of 500 lumens
- It is water resistant
- Nice handling grip provided from its knurled body
- Compact design to easily fit in tight places
Fenix UC35 960 Lumen Flashlight
This is one of my favorite tactical flashlights on the market. I have owned this for the last 2-years and it has always come to my rescue. Being a survivalist, I need a flashlight that can sustain and save me from danger. Kudos Fenix for this amazing flashlight! The Fenix UC35 LED flashlight is made of aircraft-grade aluminum, which is a lightweight and sturdy material. In addition, the flashlight is waterproof and impact resistant. So, you can rely on it in tough situations or even when it rains. The dual switch makes it easy to use by switching on the momentary on and cycling through the different modes with the side switch.
- Utilizes Cree XM-L2 U2 LED
- Dual switch
- Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
- Durable aircraft-grade aluminum body
- Over-heat protection
- Digitally regulated output
- Micro-USB rechargeable port
- Low-power warning function
- Reverse polarity protection
- Anti-roll/anti-slip body design
- Provides very bright light with a maximum of 960 Lumens
- It is simple to use with the dual switch design
- High-quality construction for tough environments
- Lightweight and portable flashlight for everyday use
- It protects the inner parts with the over-heat protection feature
- Alerts you when the battery is draining with the low-power warning feature
- It is quite expensive
- It doesn’t zoom in and out
Klarus G20 Rechargeable Flashlight
- Powered by a rechargeable battery
- Aerospace-grade aluminum alloy with type 3 hard anodized finish
- Built-in battery power indicator
- Utilizes Cree XHP70 N4 LED
- Hardened mineral glass lens with anti-reflective coating
- 4 brightness modes
- Impact and water resistant
- Maximum runtime of 6 days
- USB port
- Weighs 131g
Klarus is one of those brands that have taken pride in creating durable and feature-packed flashlights. Most of their lights are made with the best features and are very reliable in performance. So, if you are a survivalist looking for a durable and bright light, look no further than the Klarus G20. This is a great light for outdoor activities as it can resistant both water and impact. Furthermore, the G20 super bundle is made with the best material making it be lightweight and sturdy at the same time. The best thing about this flashlight is that you can recharge its 26650 rechargeable battery with a 5000 mAh capacity using the USB port included in the purchase.
- Lightweight and portable device
- Powerful and covers a huge area
- Sturdily made to defy tough outdoor conditions
- Easy to use with its dual switch design
- Smart ITS temperature control prevents the internal parts from being damaged
- Poor customer care
- Slightly costly
Fenix HL60R LED Headlamp
If you are a backpacker, camper, cyclist, or mountain climber, then the Fenix HL60R LED headlamp will help you carry out your activities witch much ease. This device is sturdily built for tough terrains and it is very easy to use. The only thing you need to do is to ensure that the rechargeable 18650 battery is full before heading out into the woods. The switch is easy to use and you can easily cycle through the various 5 light modes provided.
- Utilizes Cree XM-L2 T6 LED
- Durable aluminum construction
- Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
- One-switch operation
- Micro-USB charging function
- 5 light output levels with a red light alert
- IPX-8 waterproof rating
- Reverse polarity protection
- Maximum Lumen of 950
- It’s Maximum beam throw of 116 meters
- Maximum runtime of 100 hours
- Very easy to use with the one-switch operation
- Produces an extremely bright light with a maximum of 950 Lumens
- Sturdily built with aluminum housing
- It can be utilized for various uses as it has 5 light modes
- It is both waterproof and impact resistant
- This light has an excellent runtime of 100 hours
- The flashlight uses up the batteries very quickly
Nitecore P12 1000 Lumen Flashlight
- Rugged diamond shaped knurling
- Aircraft grade aluminum alloy
- Powered by Cree XM-L2 T6 LED
- Dual switch
- 4 brightness levels
- Integrated multi-functional indicator light
- Coated mineral glass
- Peak beam distance of 232 meters
- 950 Maximum Lumens
The Nitecore P12 1000 Lumen flashlight is a lightweight and portable flashlight for everyday carry. Not only is this flashlight beautifully and sturdily made, but it offers a wide range of features. First and foremost, the flashlight offers the user with 4 brightness levels which are lower, low, medium, and high. Secondly, the flashlight has a great throw of 22 meters and an amazing runtime of 520 hours. It is also very easy to use by switching the momentary on/constant on switch and cycling through different light modes using the side switch. Regardless of its small size, the p12 can be a wonderful flashlight for camping, hunting, survival, or for any professional work.
- Sleek and compact design
- Portable and lightweight flashlight
- It is waterproof and impact-resistant
- Sturdy construction
- Amazing grip with the knurled finish
- Battery level indicator for alerting low battery
- Very easy to use with the dual switch
- Doesn’t come with a pocket clip
When it comes to choosing the best rechargeable flashlight, people get confused as they don’t know what to consider. But if you have the knowledge on how to pick the best, things becomes easier and at last you select the best. We’ve seen that rechargeable flashlights with non-removable batteries are more powerful and last longer. Consider choosing such and it should be durable too. Look for a notable brand with positive reviews so that you don’t end up buying fake lights. Hopefully, we’ve provided you with useful info to help you pick a quality flashlight for your different lighting needs. If you want to know more about the rechargeable light check here.