A basics OBD2 scanner and a professional automotive scanner have huge features difference. Basic scanner only read, check and reset the scanner code. If you are a DIYer, then don’t need to spend thousand dollars for a Professional automotive diagnostic scanner. But, if you are a Technician, Beginner or Professional mechanic, then you have to buy a high-quality scan tool. A Professional automotive scanner gives more depth result. But, What can do the best Professional automotive diagnostic scanner?
The Professional automotive diagnostic scanner contains complete capabilities for codes, live data, ECU information, active test, adaptation, matching, ABS/SRS Service, Oil Reset Service, TPMS Programming Service, EPB Service, DPF Regeneration Service, SAS Calibration Service etc and support almost all types vehicles. This type of diagnostic scan tool will able to identify almost all kinds of car problems and of course more accurately than others.
Our recommend Top 10 Best Professional automotive diagnostic scanner Comparison Table
|Images||Automotive Diagnostic Scanners||Product Dimensions||OS||Price Idea|
|Advanced Professional Mechanic ChoiceCheck Price||Autel Maxisys Pro MS908P Automotive Diagnostic Scanner With ECU Coding and J2534 Reprogramming (Same function as Maxisys Elite)|
|0.1 x 0.5 x 0.3 inches||Android||High|
|Professional Mechanic Budget ChoiceCheck Price||Launch X431 V+ Diagnostic Tool Full System OBD2 Scanner Android Wifi Tablet Scanpad Scan Tool with 2 Years Online Update DBScarII Bluetooth Connector Module and Complete Accessories Set|
|13.8 x 5.9 x 9.8 inches||Android||High|
|Pro DIYers/Beginner Mechanics ChoiceCheck Price||LAUNCH CRP Touch Pro 5.0" Android Touch Screen OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool for ABS, SRS, Transmission,Engine,Battery Registration, EPB, Oil Service Light Reset|
|9.2 x 4 x 1.4 inches||Android||Medium|
|Works Both OBDI & OBDIICheck Price||Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Elite AUTOSCANNER Pro Kit with Color Screen|
|10.2 x 13.6 x 5.4 inches||Android||Medium|
|Bluetooth Scanner ChoiceCheck Price||BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBDII Scan Tool for iPhone, iPad & Android|
|2.2 x 1.9 x 1 inches||Android||Low|
|DIYers Choice(Budget)Check Price||FOXWELL NT301 Obd2 Scanner Professional Enhanced OBDII Diagnostic Code Reader |
|8.7 x 3.1 x 6.7 inches||Windows||Lowest|
|Beginner Mechanics Budget ChoiceCheck Price||ANCEL FX6000 OBD2 Scanner with Full System Automotive Code Reader Vehicle OBDII Diagnostic Scan Tool for Engine ABS SRS Transmission DPF TPMS EPB IMMO ECU Programming & Coding|
|9.4 x 6.7 x 2 inches||Windows||Medium|
|Check Price||Autel Maxisys Elite Diagnostic Tool (Upgraded Version of MS908P Pro) with WiFi Bluetooth Full OBD2 Automotive Scanner with J2534 ECU Programming & 2 Years Free Update|
|25.6 x 7.5 x 16.9 inches||Android||High|
|Check Price||Autel Maxidas DS808(Upgraded Version of DS708) Automotive Diagnostic Tool OBD2 Scanner with Key Coding and Multi-language System (Same Function as MS906)|
|17.3 x 6.7 x 21.6 inches||Android||High|
|Check Price||FOXWELL NT644 Automotive OBD2 Scanner Full System OBD II Code Reader Car Diagnostic Scan Tool with Oil Light Reset, ABS, SRS, EPB, BRT, SAS, DPF, TBA and TPMS||14 x 10.1 x 3.1 inches||Medium|
Here are some advanced features that you may find only the best professional diagnostic scan tool.
- Compatible with most of the USA, European and Asian vehicles.
- Support Full system diagnosis: First diagnostics and then analyze the data. Also should have actuation tests, adaptations, live data view etc. functions.
- It supports lots of special functions like EPB, SRS, ABS, SAS, TPMS, DPF Regeneration, Oil Reset, battery register/battery maintenance service etc.
- Able to scan engine control unit (ECU).
- Support Bluetooth and WiFi.
- Online software update option.
- Big touch display and more…….
If you able to select the right professional scanner then you can save thousands of dollars. But, this type scanner price is high.
So, who will buy this kind professional automotive scan tool?
If you are a mechanic or you want to reduce your mechanic cost or as an auto enthusiast you want to solve your vehicle all problems then you should buy this type tool. If you don’t want to spend big money then you can check other obd2 scan tool list here.
Aftermarket analysis and from personal experience I will suggest two brand scan tools. One is Autel and the other is Launch. Depending on your budget, you can choose from this list.
Our Top Pick Autel Maxisys Pro MS908P Automotive Diagnosticscanner Video Review(Professional Mechanic Choice)
Diagnostic scan tools play a huge role in identifying electronic problems of the car which come from the engine, emissions and transmissions. This tool proves to be so essential for the car owners and more specifically mechanics as they repair vehicles. An automotive diagnostic scanner plays some crucial roles in identifying trouble codes, sensor PIDS, and other system data. Mechanics should always have the best professional diagnostic tools as they handle different cars.
Our Recommend Low price Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Elite Automotive Diagnostic scan tool Video Review(Professional & DIYer Choice)
Here is the summary what is included below part of this post.
Summary of Contents
- 1 Our recommend Top 10 Best Professional automotive diagnostic scanner Comparison Table
- 2 Factors to look for in a quality professional automotive diagnostic scanner
- 3 List of 10 Best Professional automotive diagnostic scanner 2019
- 3.1 1. Autel Maxisys Pro MS908P Automotive Diagnostic Scanner With ECU Coding(Our top pick)
- 3.2 2. Launch Full System Diagnostic Scan Tool
- 3.3 3. Launch CRP Touch Pro 5.0″ Android Touch Screen Professional Diagnostic automotive diagnostic scan tool
- 3.4 4. Foxwell Nt301 obd2 code scanner diagnostic tool
- 3.5 5. Ancel AD310 obd2 scanner diagnostic scan tool
- 3.6 6. Foseal car WiFi obd2 Diagnostic scan tool
- 3.7 7. BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBDII Scan Tool
- 3.8 8. Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Autoscanner Pro Kit
- 3.9 9. SEEKONE OBD2 Professional Scanner
- 3.10 10. Ancel FX6000 OBDII Diagnostic Scan Tool
- 3.11 FAQ
Factors to look for in a quality professional automotive diagnostic scanner
Check and identify where the scanner is powered by the obd2 scan tool or it has its personal internal power supply. Also, the diagnostic tool you acquire should be able to last you through the work day. Some batteries are costly while others are cheap. Consider this before buying any type of battery.
Size of screen
For commercial or even personal use, you definitely require a device that has a large screen so that it can clearly display information. It should be colored and easy to read. This is a feature to highly consider for better utilization of the scanner.
This aspect makes using automotive scanners to be easy and convenient. Instead of linking the scanner with your computer or phone through a cable, the wireless connectivity scanner allows the user to easily use the device via hands free technology. The mechanic can carry out a diagnostic within the workshop and not necessarily when inside the car.
What platform do you prefer using? Is it a tablet device or a conventional hand-held scan tool? As well, you can get software for converting a laptop into a scanner. This way, you will be doing away with buying of hardware. Decide on the method you think will work best for you.
Compatibility with devices
Some diagnostic tools are compatible with some few devices. When looking for the best professional automotive diagnostic scanner, it’s great to ensure that your device is compatible with it. Usually, they are compatible with Android and Apple iOS devices. Also, some come with different manufacturer’s software such as windows.
Ease of use
Since you are acquiring the device for commercial use, ensure that your workers in the garage or shop are able to use it without needing any training. Some models are complicated and will need training before a person uses. A simple to use scanner will also mean that you attend to your clients quickly.
Consider buying an automotive scanner that can be upgraded. So, having a scan tool that cannot be upgraded will appear to be dumb and the waste of resources. As tools are being upgraded and updates seasonally. Upgrades can be costly, but they are worth having, so that you can provide your clients with the best services.
The initial cost of some of the quality diagnostic tools on the market is high and acquiring one with a warranty so that it covers defects is really important.
Most of the manufacturers provide at least one year plus warranty.
List of 10 Best Professional automotive diagnostic scanner 2019
After lots of research, we have listed 6 best automotive diagnostic scanners for mechanics or car enthusiasts. Choose the right tool according to your budget.
1. Autel Maxisys Pro MS908P Automotive Diagnostic Scanner With ECU Coding(Our top pick)
The Autel is an excellent professional scan tool with outstanding features. It has a large screen where it displays information. Its diagnosis and analysis vehicle data, actuation tests, adaptations, show live data and engine control unit information.
The classic design is for easy use and have lots of functionality. The manufacturer provides one year warranty to purchasers of the autel scan tool.
- Diagnosis very fast if you compare with other scanner.
- Perform multiple task at a time.
- For vehicle identification use Auto-Vin technology.
- Large LED touch display
- 32 GB hard drive.
- One years warranty
- Perfectly designed.
- Easy to use.
- Has large LED screen to display data.
2. Launch Full System Diagnostic Scan Tool
Launch X431 V+ Full System Diagnostic scanner is one of the best. As simple as it appears, this device has 10.1″ LCD display where codes and other texts are read easily.
It supports Special Repair Functions like Read DTCs, Clear DTCs, Read Datastream, Maintenance Recommendations etc and other latest obd protocols. It is great for personal and commercial application.
- Not only Read and clears codes, but also lots of advanced features.
- Bluetooth and Wifi support.
- Big LCD touch screen display
- 5MP camera and 16GB internal memory
- It is easy to read
- Compactly made
- Works with different types of car.
- Functions without the need of a laptop.
3. Launch CRP Touch Pro 5.0″ Android Touch Screen Professional Diagnostic automotive diagnostic scan tool
The Launch CRP obd2 scan tool is able to read and clear codes easily. It has 76 systems OEM-specific coverage on 46 vehicles. Also, it covers different types of vehicles that were manufactured from 1966 or later.
It has 12 month hassle free quality warranty. This is a diagnostic scan tool worth having for your car or cars.
Who will buy this: Professional Mechanics who have lots of personal experience!
- Reads and clears different codes
- Covers 46 vehicles
- Wifi enables and 1GB internal memory.
- 1 hassle free Quality warranty
- Depth scan report.
- It covers a wide range of vehicles, most of which date from 1966 or later(total 46 vehicles)
- Launch obd2 is very easy to use
- It is a cost-effective method to read and clear definitions
4. Foxwell Nt301 obd2 code scanner diagnostic tool
The Unique patented design of the Foxwell Nt301 diagnostic tool makes it durable for use. It reads and clears vehicle codes at a faster rate. It is easy to use and has a display screen to show definitions.
With a lifetime free software upgrade and 3 year product warranty, this is a device worth having in your garage.
Who will buy this: Professional Mechanics but budget is less!
- Fast read and clear vehicle codes
- On screen DTC definitions
- Red/yellow/green LEDs
- Unique patented design
- Built-in speaker
- Life-time free software upgrade
- 3 year product warranty
- Easy to use
- Clearly read and clear codes
- LED screen for display
5. Ancel AD310 obd2 scanner diagnostic scan tool
Ancel is another excellent professional scan tool with outstanding features. The Ancel AD310 obd II has a large screen where it displays information and is equipped with a 2.5 feet long cable.
The classic design is for easy use and the manufacturer provides a 3 year warranty to purchasers of the scan tool.
Who will buy this: Perfect for Beginner Mechanics!
- Equipped with 2.5 feet long cable
- Classic design
- Freeze frame data
- Large LCD display
- 3 years warranty
- Perfectly designed
- Easy to use the software.
- Has large LCD screen to display data
6. Foseal car WiFi obd2 Diagnostic scan tool
The Foseal obd2 scanner comes with WiFi technology that allows user to connect the device to a tablet or phone and run the diagnostic scan from there. It supports both obd2 protocols.
Also, it is compatible with android and iOS devices. In addition, it is compatible with most cars and suitable for use by mechanics of for commercial use.
- Display current sensor data
- Supports obd2 protocols
- Supports android and iOS devices
- Compatible with many car brands
- Easy to install device
- Compact scan tool
- It is compatible with many car brands
- It is compatible with android and iOS devices
7. BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBDII Scan Tool
First on our list is the Bluedriver Bluetooth professional OBD2 scanner that is trusted by mechanics and developed by professional engineers in North America. The Bluedrive bluetooth is the best professional automotive diagnostic scanner for the money.This diagnostic scan tool is very simple to use by simply linking the Bluedriver app and the sensor to start using it. It is compatible with only Android and Apple devices only. The repair report provided by this tool is very reliable as it verified by certified professional mechanics. This is all done at just a fraction of the price of other high-end scan tools. It is also very portable and won’t be a problem keeping after use. Use the device to check live data, smog test or vital vehicle data.
- This is easy to use
- It is affordable
- It is very simple to install and connect
- Bluedriver is compatible with Apple and Android devices
- Reads and clears all codes
- It performs the emission test
- Compatible with a wide range of vehicles
- It is not compatible with windows devices
- The scanner doesn’t show all the codes
- It is a bit slow and inconsistent as some customers have put it
8. Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Autoscanner Pro Kit
Actron is a top scanner brand with lots of products to offer. The Actron CP69690 is a great tool for both DIYers and professionals. It is very easy to use with its large color LCD screen and an intuitive user interface. The Trilingual Elite AutoScanner Pro allows the user to read manufacturer specific DTCs, record & playback stored vehicle data, and graph engine data. It can as well print the information via the PC. One of the special features of this device is the CodeConnect feature, which is a comprehensive database of more than 26 million verified fixes for the DTCs that cause the check engine light to come on.
- It records, playback, and graphs live data
- It has a large color LCD display and a multilingual menu for simple use
- Actron CP9690 is compatible with all 1996 and newer import and domestic vehicles
- It covers ABS and SRS for most 1996-2013 GM, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Ford, Chrysler, and Nissan.
- It can print data to PC
- This tool is updateable via the USB port
- It has a CodeConnect feature
- It is not compatible with some car makes that it says it does
- The ABS and Air bag coverage is extremely limited
- It is quite expensive
9. SEEKONE OBD2 Professional Scanner
The compact and stylishly designed SEEKONE OBDII code reader is one of the most versatile scanners on this list. It features full 10 OBD service modes and has enhanced OBD II functions. The device is also able to read and clear codes, view freeze frame data, print data via pc, turn off MIL & reset off monitors, and display O2 sensor test data. In addition, features a large color display for easy reading of results and it has a multilingual menu. If you acquire a new car, you can simply upgrade the scanner via the internet and it also comes with lifetime free software update. Use it on most gasoline vehicles1996-US based, 2001 EU-based and Asian cars, and latest OBD2/Eobd & CAN domestic or import vehicles.
- It is very easy to use
- It reads and erases codes very quickly
- Easy to read LCD color screen
- It has an anti-shock and slip-resistant design
- It is internet upgradeable
- SEEKONE OBD2 has a multi-lingual menu
- It comes with life-time free software updates
- It is very difficult to update the device
- Doesn’t give any explanation about the meaning of the codes
10. Ancel FX6000 OBDII Diagnostic Scan Tool
The Ancel FX6000 OBD2 scanner is designed for professional mechanics looking to take their game a notch higher. This is one of the best Ancel high-end scanners and it can perform a number of functions. If you want a cheap but best Professional automotive diagnostic scanner, then buy this scan tool.
The scanner is very versatile and can check vehicles and diagnose them on both gasoline and diesel cars. It is very simple to install and connectcharger. The FX6000 supports all the 10 OBDII test modes and covers different car makes and models. Also, it has a built-in high-definition TFT screen and a multilingual menu for easy and quick use.
- It supports all 10 OBDII test modes
- It provides advanced ECU coding and programming
- Ancel FX6000 covers a wide range of vehicles with both domestic and import included
- It as a multilingual menu
- It has a high-definition TFT screen for easy reading of data
- This tool offers comprehensive diagnostic functions
- It comes with 2-years free updates
- It is not compatible with all vehicles
Professional mechanics should always go for the best automotive diagnostic scanners. These are those that are compatible with most of the devices, vehicles and have a variety of On-board diagnostics features that make using them to be easy and fast. Choose from the best brands and ensure that the scan tool can be upgraded. Hopefully, you have found our review to be helpful. You can go ahead and use our information to choose a quality scan tool or select from our best five lists above.
If you are in a hurry, here is my recap. Check this top automotive scanner that you should consider to buy:
1) Autel AL619 Autolink Automotive Diagnostic [Check Price] (Budget scanner + Perfect for anyone) Check Video
2) Launch CRP Touch Pro ALL System Diagnoses Diagnostic tool [Check Price] (Perfect for Beginner Mechanics) Check Video
3) Autel Maxisys Pro MS908P Professional Automotive scan tool [Check Price] (Expensive, but Perfect for Professional Mechanics) Check Video
Q. What is the importance of an OBD 2 scanner?
Ans. The main reason why the OBD was implemented by most governments around the world is because they wanted to control un-roadworthy vehicles from plying the road. In the United States, this process if overseen by the Environmental Protection Act (EPA). So, the environment is protected. Another importance of the OBD II scanner is to warn the user of a fault or repair that needs to be attended to. As a result, it saves time and accidents from taking place. Also, users get to repair the car in time and avoid costly repairs.
Q. How do I know if the OBD2 is functioning in the right way?
Ans. The functioning of any OBD scanner depends on the state of the vehicle. When the device is plugged in, as is the case with many of the plug and play scan tools, just tapping of the scan button should be enough to start the data code reading. Then, when you turn on the car, the check engine light should flush shortly to show that the OBD system is ready to scan your car for any malfunctions.
Q. How does the OBD2 function on our vehicle?
Ans. The OBD 2 helps to detect faults found on our vehicles. The OBD II functions on almost all car brands, while the OBD 1 was manufacturer specific. It features various electronic and gas sensors in the form of oxygen, carbon dioxide, and even other toxic sensors to be capable of detecting the levels of polluted emissions coming from the engine due to any fault. As a result, the check engine light comes on.
Do you have any question after reading this best Professional automotive diagnostic scanner review? Comment below.