Autel is one of the leading diagnostic scan tool brands on the market. They offer all kinds of scanners, from entry-level scan tools to mid-range and high-end scanners. The Autel MK808BT is among its mid-range scan tools. But unlike the other tools in this category, this device comes with Bluetooth, which simplifies the user’s work.
The Autel MaxiCom MK808BT is a beautifully designed scanner with basic, advanced, and special functions. It is an upgraded version of the Autel MaxiCom MK808 and Autel MX808 scanner. On top of that, it offers extensive vehicle coverage, allowing mechanics to diagnose over 80 US, European, and Asian vehicles. And with the Auto Vin technology, identifying the vehicle’s make, model, and manufacturer year is simplified for quick diagnoses.
Affiliate Disclosure: “Our site is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. This page may include Amazon affiliate links, on which we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.”
Pros of Autel Scanner MaxiCom MK808BT
- Sleek and stylish tool
- Intuitive user interface
- Multilingual menu
- Affordable unit
- Perform remote vehicle diagnostics
- Reset the engine oil life system and activate/deactivate the vehicle’s brake control system
- Supports basic, special, and advanced diagnostic functions
- It has a wireless connection
- The device you updated on the electronic braking system safely(EPB)
- It does not rely on vehicles power with the built-in battery
- Offers extensive vehicle coverage
- 1-year of free updates
- 1-yar warranty
Cons of the Autel MaxiCom MK808BT
- It has compatibility problems. In that case, an Autel MaxiPRO MP808 scanner would be an ideal choice.
- The software update is expensive after the free update is over
Who should buy the Autel MK808BT?
The Autel MaxiCom MK808BT is ideal for DIYers, car enthusiasts, and start-up mechanics who need a slightly advanced scanner. This mid-range tool will give them a near professional-level diagnostic scan tool experience. It may also work for professional mechanics that handle a handful of car makes and models.
Technical Specifications of the Autel MK808BT OBD2
|ABS brake bleeding:
|7-inch LCD touchscreen with a 1024 x 600 resolution display
|Reset Steering Angle Sensor (SAS):
|Diesel Particulate Filter:
|IMMO Anti-theft matching:
|VIN, CID, and CVN:
|Read/clear codes functions:
|15.1 x 11.8 x 4.7 inches
|12 months free
|vehicle was made in 1996 or newer
|3-year warranty (100% Money Back. If you are not satisfied)
|Check Today’s Price on Amazon
In this Autel MX808BT review, we’re going to look at all the vital information that you need to make the right choice. So, brace yourself as we get started.
Summary of Contents
Sleek and stylish unit
- Screen protector
- Rubberized cover
One of the things that set apart Autel scanners from the competition is their sleek and intuitive construction. The Autel MK808BT may be a mid-range Bluetooth OBD2 scanner, but it has an excellent design similar to a tablet. Therefore, handling it won’t be a problem at all. The device has a screen protector and rubberized outer protection to prevent accidental falls.
- Straightforward & easy to use
- Large 7″ touchscreen
Whether you’re a professional mechanic or not, having a user-friendly scan tool is vital. It will help you diagnose your car(s) quickly and straightforwardly. The Autel MK80BT is well organized for ease of use. It has a large 7-inch LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1024×600 resolution, which is wider than the Autel AL519 auto-link obd2 scanner. Means users won’t have trouble diagnosing OBD2 functions.
Excellent processor & operating system
- Cortex-A9 processor
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Fitted with a very powerful Cortex-A9 processor, the Autel MK808BT is very fast and efficient in performance. It will allow the mechanic to perform various functions within a short period. If you handle many vehicles, you will be advantaged as you will diagnose them quickly.
Another unique function of the Autel MK808BT is the Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system. This is one of the most powerful operating systems on the market. It is also found on most high-end Autel scanners, meaning that this tool performs at a high level. The user can also multitask without the device slowing down its speed.
Related article: Check the Features of Autel MD808 Pro OBDII Scanner
- 32GB Rom
- 2GB Ram
One of the challenges that most mechanics face is lacking enough space to keep their client’s info and notes. But with the Autel MK808BT, this will be a thing of the past as it comes with enough space. The device has 32GB of internal memory. Apart from storing data, the large onboard memory allows the scan tool to perform better.
Extensive vehicle coverage
- Compatibility: 1996 and later vehicles
- US, Asian, and European cars
Do you want a scanner that you can use in your small auto repair shop? The Autel MK808BT is the ideal tool. This scanner works on more than 80 US, Asian, and European OBD2-compliant vehicles made from 1996 and later. However, you should confirm with the Autel support team if this tool is compatible with your car’s makes and models before buying.
- English, Spanish, and French
- Default language: English
Whether you understand English, Spanish, or French, the manufacturer allows you to change the device to a language that you know best. As a result, you don’t have to be stuck with the default language (English). Apart from these languages, you also have the choice of choosing other languages. Get in touch with Autel support to find out more. Also, it does all the professional OBD2 scanner functionalities with accurate results.
Autel MK808BT Has Bluetooth Connectivity
- Coverage: 10 meters
- Wireless connection
This scanner doesn’t limit you to only diagnosing your car from the driver’s seat. You can as well as use the wireless Bluetooth connection. It is secure and covers a range of 10 meters, which is not huge but still convenient if you’re a busy man.
- 3.7 V/5000 mAh battery
- 7 hours Backup
It is easier for a scanner to drain your battery if used for a long time. That’s not the case with the Autel MK808BT scanner. It comes with a 3.7 V/5000 mAh lithium-polymer battery with an extended run time of up to 7 hours.
Warranty and software upgrade
- 1-year warranty
- Pay after one year for software upgrade
Autel is famous for its excellent scan tools, but it is also known for offering a short warranty and software updates. The manufacturer provides a 1-year warranty and 1-year free software upgrade.
Functions of the Autel MaxiCom MK808BT
- Auto Vin Technology – The automatic vehicle identification feature allows the mechanic or user to quickly determine the vehicle’s make, model, and year of manufacturer for easy diagnosis. As a result, the user can diagnose many cars as he will work effortlessly.
- Data manager – this is what makes this scan tool convenient to use. If you have a small auto repair shop, this unit will help you save customer and car records, scanner data, and technician information for future reference. Thanks to the large storage space.
- ABS Auto bleeding – Like the Autel MaxiLink ML629 device, it has ABS data supported. ABS brake bleeding allows mechanics and DIYers to bleed air out of the ABS module. Therefore, this saves them time and money.
- Key fob programming – another vital function that this unit offers is the IMMO keys function. The mechanic can use it to open particular car doors. This function applies to a few vehicles, including Audi, BMW, Benz, and cars that feature advanced third-generation IMMO systems. If your car is not listed above, get in touch with the Autel Support team to find out.
- All systems diagnosis – this scanner can perform all the electronic OBD2 systems, including engine, Bluetooth connectivity, ABS, transmission, oil reset, SRS, brake system, PDF, DPF regeneration, vehicle driving conditions, TPMS service, Injector, suspension, EPB (electronic parking brake), BMS service, and much more. In total, it diagnoses more than 25 service functions. On top of that, you can use it to read and clear error codes, view live data, freeze data, and scan all disposable ECUs.
Note that most of these functions work with vehicles made in 2006 or later.
Summary: Autel MK808BT Review
The Autel MK808BT is an excellent diagnostic scanner to consider if you’re looking for the best mid-range scanner. The device comes with a wireless connection and extensive vehicle coverage, performs multiple functions, and has an intuitive design for ease of use. Also, you will get this unit cheaper than the Autel MaxiCom MK808TS scanner.
The user should expect to have compatibility issues with some vehicle makes and models. Therefore, the user should get in touch with Autel support before acquiring this scanner. Also, updating the software after a year is quite expensive.
Overall, this is an affordable diagnostic tool with outstanding features and vehicle coverage. It is an excellent investment for a start-up mechanic, DIYer, or car owner. I hope that this Autel MK808BT Review article has given you a clear idea about this scan tool.
Question: How does the Autel MK808BT differ from the MK808 scanner?
Answer: The Autel MK808BT covers a wide range of functions compared to the MK808 and MX808 scan tools. The MK808 offers full-system diagnosis, while the MK808BT offers basic, special, and advanced functions. On top of that, the Autel MK8O8 scan tool doesn’t feature Bluetooth wireless connection, which is the main difference between these two tools.
Question: How do I change the language of the Autel MK808BT?
Answer: You will have to contact the technical support team at Autel Support. You will also have to provide your serial number to change the sales contract to all languages.
Kevin Nicholas is an automotive technician who is a genius at software and hardware-related issues. He manually tested more than a hundred OBD scanners and gave his honest opinion on whether the device was worth the money or not. His in-depth OBD review articles help people choose the right product, whether it is a European, American, or Asian vehicle. He completed his Automotive Specialized Training Course at Universal Technical Institute and has more than 15 years of experience in the field.