If you want a scan tool with the ability to perform most of the things that a professional OBD2 scanner would do at an affordable price, the Autel MaxiPro is the answer. The Autel MaxiPro is a quality mid-range scan tool from one of the famous brands on the market. The Autel MaxiPro diagnostic scanner supports all OBDII systems, performs more than 30 service functions, and even provides full bi-directional testing. Read this Autel MaxiPRO MP808 review to know more about this OBD2 Bluetooth diagnostic scanner.
- 30+ Maintenance Functions
- Full Bi-directional Control
- VAG Guided Functions
- OE All Systems Diagnostics
Autel MaxiPRO MP808 Review in 2023
What makes this scan tool special is its ease of use. The automotive diagnostic scanner comes with a large and intuitive user interface. It is also fast and allows the user to multitask. It covers most 1996 and newer vehicles made in the USA, Asia, and Europe. Without much ado, let’s check out this detailed feature review of the Autel MaxiPro MP808 scan tool.
|Features||Autel MaxiPRO MP808 bi-directional scanner|
|Multilingual:||English, Spanish, and French|
|Vehicle Coverage:||ACURA, AUDI, BENTLEY, BENZ, BMW, BUGATTI, CHRYSLER, CITROEN, DODGE, DAEWOO, FORD, FIAT, GM, GMC, HOLDEN, HONDA, HYUNDAI, INFINITI, ISUZU, JAGUAR, JEEP, KIA, LAND ROVER, LEXUS, MAYBACH, MAZDA, MINI, MITSUBISHI, NISSAN, OPEL, PORSCHE, PEUGEOT, RENAULT, SAAB, SCION, SEAT, SKODA, SMART, SPRINTER, SUBARU, SUZUKI, TOYOTA, VAUXHALL, VOLVO, VOLKSWAGEN, VW|
|Read & erase DTCs:||Yes|
|View live data:||Yes|
|Bi-directional control ability:||Yes|
|Retrieve ECU information:||Yes|
|Upgraded version of DS708:||Yes|
|Display:||7-inch LCD touchscreen|
|Power-balance test & leak down test:||Yes|
|Reads & stores Data:||Yes|
|Calibrate weight sensor:||Yes|
|Easy to Navigate:||Yes|
|Wi-Fi android OS tablet:||Has internet browsing with chrome, plays youtube, has a PDF viewer|
|Price:||Check Today’s Price|
Summary of Contents
Sleek and robust construction
What makes most Autel scanners unique is their sleek and elegant construction. Autel produces some of the loveliest vehicle scanners on the market. However, they are also durable, with protective casings around them.
Another feature that I like most about Autel scan tools is their user-friendly design. For example, the Autel MaxiPro MP808 features a large colored display with an excellent resolution. As a result, reading, erasing, and viewing results is super easy than other mid-ranged tools, including Autel MaxiLink ML619 or Autel MaxiLink ML629 code reader.
Like many mid-range and advanced Autel diagnostic code readers, the MP808 Autel scan tool comes with a Cortex-A9 processor. This makes life easy for busy mechanics, as they can diagnose cars quickly and accurately.
Outstanding operating system
A powerful processor alone won’t deliver the results for a scanner to be effective and efficient in performance. That’s why Autel also offers the Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system. This ensures that the user can multi-task on the same tool. You don’t have to wait for one function to complete to start another one.
Larger memory capacity
Storage is a big deal if you handle many vehicles daily. Having your client’s vehicle history will make life easier for you when handling their cars. This scan tool comes with 32GB memory, which is large enough to keep your customer’s data and your files as well.
With the Wi-Fi connection, you can easily share new trouble codes that the community can help you find solutions to. Also, the Wi-Fi connection allows you to update software. The price is quite similar to the Launch x431 wireless Bluetooth diagnostic tool.
Check Today’s Price on Amazon
The Autel MaxiPro runs on a 3.7V/3200 mAh lithium-polymer battery. This battery gives the user an extended run time of up to 5 hours. Therefore, the user doesn’t have to rely on the car’s power to diagnose it.
Extensive vehicle coverage
The gadget works with more than 80 US, European, and Asian vehicles. Nevertheless, the cars need to be OBDII compliant and manufactured from 1996 or later. But since there have been reports about compatibility issues, it is wise to contact Autel support first before buying it for your car.
Friendly user experience
Autel makes the work of its member easy by offering them these features for a user-friendly experience. They include shop manager, data manager, academy, and online MaxiFix. Users can find a database of fixes that professional automotive technicians verify. The system offers you more accurate system diagnosis data than an Autel MD808 PRO or Autel MD802 Maxidiag elite tool.
Warranty and Software upgrade
The manufacturer offers buyers a one-year warranty. Additionally, they get one year of free software updates. But after this period, they will be required to pay a small fee to upgrade their device’s software.
Functions of the Autel Maxipro MP808 scan tool
- Full OBD2 support – you will be able to diagnose all the basic OBD2 tasks without any problem. For instance, you can read/erase data, view live data, freeze frame data, and clear check engine lights.
- Smart Auto Vin Technology – this function provides you with all the details you need to diagnose different vehicles successfully. It will give you the car’s model, make, and year of manufacture.
- Multiple special functions – you can also utilize the Autel MP808 scan tool to perform various special functions such as Oil reset, TPMS, EPB, BMS resets, active test, ABS, PDF, SRS, SAS, and much more. It covers more than 30 service functions. In addition, access all ECU diagnostics results and view live data in any form. Also, the device is DPF regeneration compatible.
- Support all the major vehicle systems – no vehicle system will be left untouched with this tool, from the engine to EPB and transmission. It will help to keep your car in check.
- Full bi-directional testing – allows the user to receive information to and from the vehicle’s onboard computer. Also, the user can utilize it to send commands to the vehicle’s modules.
- It can add a key fob & OE-level coverage – this allows the mechanic to recode the transponder on a mechanical key. Also, it offers outstanding OE-level system coverage.
Pros of the Autel MaxiPro MP808 diagnostic scanner
- It diagnoses all electronic systems.
- MP808 OBD2 scanner has an extensive vehicle coverage
- Performs active component tests
- User-friendly design for ease of use
- Performs bi-directional control
- OE level diagnostics tool shows ABS SRS data
- The built-in battery doesn’t drain your vehicle’s power
- Performs basic, special, and advanced functions
- 1-year of free software upgrades
- 1-year warranty
Cons of the Autel MP808 Scan Tool
- It has compatibility problems
- The reset and programming functions are limited compared to the Autel MS906BT MaxiSys automotive scanner.
Who should buy the Autel MaxiPro MP808 diagnostic scanner?
Car mechanics and DIY enthusiasts will be glad to have this scan tool. Thanks to its comprehensive coverage, users can diagnose all basic, some special, and a few advanced functions. If you’re a mechanic, you will analyze most of the trouble codes that drivers face daily. And if you’re a DIY enthusiast, this diagnostic tool will be more than what you can wish for.
2 Alternative of Autel MaxiPro MP808 Scanner:
Autel MaxiPro MP808K OBD2 Scanner
- Dimensions: 9.4 x 5.9 x 1.4 inches
- Weight: 1.74 lb.
- Operating System: Android 4.4.4, KitKat
- Processor: Cortex-A9 quad-core processor (1.4 GHz)
- Memory: 64GB
- Display: 7-inch LCD
- Connectivity: Mini USB 2.0; USB 2.0; Wi-Fi; Micro SD card (supports up to 32GB)
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor for brightness auto changing
- Audio Input/Output: Input: N/A; Output: buzzer
- Battery: 5000 mAh lithium-polymer battery
- Tested Battery Life: Around 4.5 hours of continuous use
- Battery Charging Input: 5 V/1.5 A
- Power Consumption: 500 mA (LCD on with default brightness, Wi-Fi on) @3.7 V
- Operating Temp: 0 to 55°C(32 to 131°F)
- Storage Temp: -20 to 60°C (-4 to 140°F)
- Operating Humidity: 5% – 95% non-condensing
Autel MaxiSys MS906 OBD2 Scanner
- Dimensions: 10 x 1.4 x 6.9 inches
- Display: 8 inches LED
- Operating System: Android
- Check Engine Light: Yes
- ABS, SRS, EPB, sass, DPF, TPMS: Yes
- Oil Reset: Yes
- Memory: 2 GB RAM & 32 GB ROM
- Camera: 8-megapixel rear camera
- Live data: Yes
- Opens and closes electronic brake calipers: Yes
- ECU coding, Injector coding: Yes
- Smart AutoVIN technology for identifying vehicles easily: Yes
- Real-time push message notifications via the internet: Yes
- Active Test: Yes
- Online Update: 1-year free update
- Views freeze frame data: Yes
- ECU information: Yes
- Extensive Vehicle Coverage: More than 80 US, Asian, and European car
- Real-time push message notifications via the internet: Yes
- Audio Input/Output: Single Speaker, Microphone
- Warranty: 12-Month Limited Warranty
The Autel MaxiPro MP808 may not be the best Autel scanner on the market, but it offers value for money. This scan tool performs most functions that professional mechanics deal with daily. It is also easy to use. Reading and interpreting results are made quickly by the large LCD screen. It also doesn’t rely on the vehicle’s power as it comes with its built battery.
The diagnostic tool will allow you to do key programming, bi-directional control, coding, and much more. It also supports all the OBD2 systems and covers multiple service functions. At such a price, you get a versatile tool with outstanding features that will simplify your work.
Nonetheless, updating the software after 1-year of free software upgrades is quite expensive. Also, several users have reported compatibility problems. Apart from these challenges, this is a reliable and great investment. I hope that this Autel MP808 review article has given you a clear idea about this obd2 scanner.
Question: Does my car feature OBD2?
Answer: It depends on the car brand and where you live – vehicles manufactured in the USA feature OBD2 in abidance with the EPA’s legal requirements. The OBD2 port is normally positioned below the driver’s seat. You can confirm this by pulling the driver’s seat and detecting whether the vehicle is fitted with an OBD2 port or not. Alternatively, you can visit the mechanic and request him to check it for you.
Question: What functions do the Autel MP808K and MP808 scanners share?
Answer: These two scan tools are from the Autel MaxiPro line. Even though the Autel MP808k and Autel Maxidas DS808K are slightly advanced, they share several functions. These include outstanding OE-level system coverage, bi-directional control, key fob programming, and much more.
Question: What differentiates the Autel MP808TS and MP808 scanners?
Answer: The main difference between these scanners is that the Autel TPMS MP808TS tool is specifically built to deliver complete TPMS services, which the MP808 scan tool doesn’t offer. The Autel MP808 offers TPMS but not the complete service. The former provides advanced TPMS diagnostics with DTC description, TPMS status for TPMS health check status, program Autel MX-sensor, and activates 98% of all known TPMS sensors.
|Features||MaxiPRO MP808||MaxiPRO MP808TS|
|Dimensions:||9.4 x 1.4 x 5.9 inches||14.6 x 11.6 x 4.7 inches|
|Weight: ||2.31 pounds||2.42 pounds|
|Processor:||Quad-core 1.6GHz||Quad-core 1.6GHz|
|Display:||7 inches LCD||7 inches LCD|
|Operating System:||Android 4.4.4||Android 4.4.4|
|Vehicle communication method:||Wired||Wireless (Bluetooth)|
Affiliate Disclosure: “Our site is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. This page may include Amazon affiliate links, on which we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.”
Kevin Nicholas is an automotive technician who is a genius at software and hardware-related issues. He manually tested more than a hundred OBD scanners and gave his honest opinion on whether the device was worth the money or not. His in-depth OBD review articles help people choose the right product, whether it is a European, American, or Asian vehicle. He completed his Automotive Specialized Training Course at Universal Technical Institute and has more than 15 years of experience in the field.