If you own a vehicle, you are familiar with the OBD2 fault codes. The complete form of OBD is onboard diagnostics. And this code is used to run some trouble codes—the four codes you can see in this indicator. U indicates the user network code. And U also comes with some numerical value. Each value shows a different type of troubleshooting.
Related Error Fix- U0100 Code
What is the meaning of the U0002 error code?
Some interconnect computers operate the vehicle’s controller area network (CAN). And there is no need for the host computer. This device is used to manage the information between them. All the machines are programmed with details of commands that are used to exchange data from device to device. The engine used in OBD 2 needs to be traded for serial data circuits. There are two wires in the CAN bus: CAN high and CAN low. In the idle mood of the CAN bus, it carries 2.5V data. But when it turns high, the data transfer rate rises to 3.75V. The CAN low data rate drops by 1.25V then.
So you know, the communication between the buses depends on the voltage. But this CAN bus is not sensitive to many factors, like electrical fields, inductive spikes, noise, etc., so the U0002 code runs when a user doesn’t get any supervised periodic messages, and it depends on the availability of the transmitter module
What is the reason for the U0002 problem?
There is some reason behind the U0002 problem. Like:
- Fault in the control module,
- Open or shortest harness of the control module,
- Poor current connection of the Control module,
- Check for more codes for finding the spot,
- With the help of vehicle symptoms, a Diagnostic trouble code(DTC) accomplishes the diagnosis.
- There is a fault in the battery.
So the main reason for this U0002 trouble. If you recognize the problem in time, you can quickly solve this in time. The main symptom you notice is the warning light of the engine.
How to fix the code U0002?
Now you think about how to fix the problem you face. There are some easy steps to follow. Like:
- With the help of TSBs, find the exact location of your vehicle information,
- To communicate the module, you need to use a scan tool. If you find this DTC U0002, you need to perform the diagnosis; it needs to be solved.
- Now you need to check the ground circuit; it is at least 5Ω or not. If the resistance is higher than that, you need to learn about the rule of an open circuit.
- If all the circuits are doing right and well, then you need to replace or repair the indicative module as fast as possible.
You see the definition of the code U0002. But if you repair or replace the control module, you must first test the vehicle for a test drive. So that you can completely fix the car, but always try to erase the U0002 code first. To check whether this is fixed or not, notice whether the engine light is on or off. If you see the light return, you have completed the diagnosis.
Kevin Nicholas is an automotive technician who is a genius at software and hardware-related issues. He manually tested more than a hundred OBD scanners and gave his honest opinion on whether the device was worth the money or not. His in-depth OBD review articles help people choose the right product, whether it is a European, American, or Asian vehicle. He completed his Automotive Specialized Training Course at Universal Technical Institute and has more than 15 years of experience in the field.
Summary of Contents