The Ancel automotive supplier company has been in business for decades, supplying the best car troubleshooting scanner. They are well-known all around the world, and their customer service is unparalleled. All of their car repair tools, including the Ancel AD310, AD410, and AD530 scanner, are upgraded and budget-friendly. Because the three scanners are so similar, they can easily get confused. The distinctions between these three scanners will be discussed in this section. Let us begin by inspecting the scanner briefly.
Comparison Table: Ancel AD310 vs AD410 vs AD530 OBD2 scanner
|10.4 x 7.9 x 1.1 inches
|9 x 6.3 x 1.6 inches
|9.06 x 6.38 x 1.38 inches
|2.8 inches TFT LCD
|2.4-inch TFT full-color QVGA display
|128 x 64 MP LCD
|Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10
|WIN XP, 7, 8, 10
|OBD2 Modes Support:
|Live Data Stream/EVAP/VIN:
All about Ancel company:
Before we start with the scanner, let us first talk about the Ancel corporation, the bright star in the car repair products industry. The company’s mission is to deliver high-quality car repair tools at reasonable pricing to every consumer. Despite the fact that Ancel is headquartered in China, several of its warehouses are located in other countries. Ancel is well-known all around the world. They produce scanners ranging in price from low-cost to high-end automobiles. The most crucial feature of this brand is that they offer 24-hour customer assistance everywhere, at any time. If you have any questions, they are there to help you at any time. You also get free software upgrades for life. While obtaining software is not difficult, it does cost money. However, Ancel provides it for free and without restrictions.
Ancel created a comprehensive range of car maintenance tools at an affordable price. So you don’t doubt the quality of their output, do you? Every product is of great quality, which is why many customers continue to choose it first. Furthermore, you may buy and fix this from anywhere in the world. Every vehicle repair tool comes with a user manual. Attempt to keep it with you while driving. It will notify you of an error code and how to resolve it. It provides step-by-step instructions to help you understand the problem and resolve it on your own.
About Ancel AD310 mid-range diagnostic scanner
This is the cheapest and easy-to-use scanner from the Ancel brand in this series. The most significant advantage of this scanner is that it is a multifunctional scan tool with exclusive technology. And that’s why this is very easy to use for every car owner to car mechanic. And that’s why this model is prevalent all over the world.
With this OBD2 scanner, you may do basic system settings such as resetting displays, resolving CEL issues, clearing issues from memory, and so on. You may also acquire real-time freeze frame data to determine the problem and simply locate complicated code. Ancel provides a PDF with all OBD code data with this device. And not only do you get details about the problem, but you also get instructions on how to remedy it via the automobile.
Like other Ancel scanners, you also get lifetime free software updates on this device. And this also brings you a hard copy for future use. The LCD display shows you where the issue happens and how bad this is. The AD310 diagnostic scanner is linked to the car’s computer through a cable. In addition to the lengthy cable included in the packet, you will receive all of the essential equipment.
There is the option of getting electricity via a cable connected to the automobile battery, so there is no need to provide separate power for that. This is a very lightweight scanner, only 300 gm, so you can easily carry it. And this can operate directly with the battery power of the vehicle. And that’s why you don’t need to worry about charging it.
About Ancel AD410 Review
The Ancel AD410 battery-powered light is very popular for auto-check engine lighting. This scanner is appropriate for a new scanner. This gadget also has numerous language options, such as English, German, French, and Finnish, and you don’t have to worry about charging the device’s battery because it can function without one. You may utilize this in conjunction with the power of your automobile battery. Everything you need to connect the gadget e to the automobile is an OBD 2 data link.
This scanner’s code reading speed is quite rapid, and you can also wipe the stored emission-related code, pending code, and so on. Turn off the function with the aid of your MIL; it will show you what is wrong with the automobile. The O2 sensor also allows you to monitor and alter the air/fuel ratio. This also lets you know if there is a problem with the vehicle’s fuel economy or emissions. The 2.4-inch TFT LCD panel displays the results in an easy-to-read UI style. After each scan, you are given a choice to Review and Print to create a physical copy for use in future auto repairs. To upgrade your scanner, download Ancel software from their website and follow the instructions to put it in the reader for life. You may submit a problem using the feedback option to receive any form of assistance from the Ancel staff.
For novices, this scanner is incredibly simple to use. It also includes several smart system characteristics. If you are new to this field, you can use this scanner to solve the problem on your own. The rapid diagnosis method saves you time and allows you to address the problem yourself for the same price.
About Ancel AD530: Full Review
The ANCEL AD530 OBD2 Scanner combines a DTC and ABS scanner in one. OBD2 systems can be scanned with rapid software, and the findings can be examined and saved in the car and on the mobile phone. The scanner is an OBD2 (On-Board Diagnostic, or OBD2) device capable of reading problem codes as well as monitoring other data. It is primarily a tool for technicians, but it may also be a very useful tool for normal drivers.
The 4-inch LCD display makes locating the problem in the scanner simple. Ensure that you can connect any device to the scanner through USB. This scanner is also very easy to use and has a long lifespan. However, the user manual for this scanner does not include English, making it difficult for most people. However, it includes all fundamental diagnostic choices such as ABS, SRS, Airbag, battery check, IMMO ECU programming, and so on, as well as some advanced functions such as reset the TPMS sensor, EPB, Auto HVAC, and so on.
The panel also shows engine speed, coolant temperature, RPM, voltage, and other measurements. And the fuel emission rate may be easily determined using live O2 sensor data. For the I/M readiness functions, you may examine the engine’s other emission results. It makes it simple to maintain your vehicle by checking the battery data in real-time. However, this scanner does not always support cars manufactured before 1996. So, if you want to buy this scanner, read this first.
Ancel AD310 vs. AD410 vs. AD530: Key Differences
It would help if you got confused with all these similarities from the details we talked about above. But there are also many differences between these three scanners. Let us find out those so that you can get to choose the suitable scanner for your car:
- System Coverage: Ancel AD310, AD410, and AD530 can give you four system coverage: Transmission, Engine, ABS, and SRS. But now, Ancel upgrades most of the scanners from four systems to all. So if you want, you can buy its pro version for all coverage with one device.
- Display: The screens of the Ancel AD310, AD410, and Autel AD530 scanners differ. The AD310, like the scanner screen, features a 128 x 64 MP LCD. It features a white backlight that provides a clean and clear picture of the panel. You may change the contrast and brightness to your liking. The AD410, on the other hand, sports a 2.4-inch TFT full-color QVGA display with an upgraded LCD that shows you the scan findings. And the screen size of the AD530 scanner is 2.8 inches TFT LCD.
- Weight: Ancel AD410 and AD310 have approximately the same weight, just 10.6-11.6 punches. However, Ancel AD530 is somewhat heavier than the other two. It weighed in at 16 pounds. This is the weight without the cable. The scanner will not work with your vehicle.
- On-board monitoring: The Ancel AD310 doesn’t have this feature. But Ancel AD410 and Ancel Ad530 can monitor the OBD system.
- Read and Erase Code: All three scanners can read and erase the code from the system.
- Live data and freeze frame rate: all these three scanners have this system.
- USB port: There is no USB port in the Ancel AD310 scanner, but the other two have this option. That’s why this scanner does not connect to the internet via a USB port.
- DTC lock up: The AD410 and AD530 can lock the DTC. The AD310 does not.
- Operating system: The AD310 and AD410 can support both windows and macOS, but Ad530 can’t help you with macOS.
- BMS: AD530 has enchanted fault code definition in the features, but the other two don’t get this function.
- Save and print data: All these three scanners can save the data into the memory, and you can use the saved data to print out the data for further use.
- Price: the main difference remains in the price of these three scanners. If your budget is around $40, then AD310 is the best for you. But the other two cost more than about $50 dollars. AD530 is the most expensive one on the list, it will cost around $75 on the market.
- Software update: As an Ancel product, every scanner gets a lifetime software update for free. So you don’t need to buy it from the company.
Final choice: Which one is the winner?
Finding the winner is a difficult task. To begin, you should be aware that all of these tree scanners are primarily intended for automobile owners. As a result, these scanners are extremely simple to operate. If you are new to this, you may learn how to use it by reading the handbook. These three scanners have limited possibilities, making them an unsuitable choice for industrial tasks.
Ancel AD310 or AD410?
We’ll start with two scanners, Ancel AD310 and AD410. Both are nearly identical to one another. Assume you wish to discover the distinction between many more functions. Ancel AD410 scanner has more features than the AD310 scanner, such as DTC lock-up and EVAP systems. If you are familiar with automobiles, you are aware of their function. These are not supported by the AD310 scanner. As a result, the AD410 is the best AD310 scanner.
Ancel AD410 or AD530?
However, the features of Ancel AD410 and AD530 are remarkably similar. Their hardware components and perspective vary to some extent. Both are identical. Both gadgets have comparable sizes and weights. However, AD530 is more advanced than AD410, making it simpler to use and quicker to identify problems with vehicles. When comparing costs, AD530 is more expensive than AD410. You can get the Ancel AD410 if you don’t require a quicker result.
Kevin Nicholas is an automotive technician who is a genius at software and hardware-related issues. He manually tested more than a hundred OBD scanners and gave his honest opinion on whether the device was worth the money or not. His in-depth OBD review articles help people choose the right product, whether it is a European, American, or Asian vehicle. He completed his Automotive Specialized Training Course at Universal Technical Institute and has more than 15 years of experience in the field.
Summary of Contents