The Code of U0107 is a common problem in the OBD2 scanner. If you own a vehicle, I think you got the idea about this problem. Let’s see why this problem occurs and what the solution is to get rid of this problem.
Summary of Contents
What is the meaning of this U0107 Code?
Sometimes you can notice the code U0107 in the scanner of OBD2. This problem is related to throttle actuator control or TAC module communication. When your car loses connection with this TAC module, you can notice the code U0107 on the car screen.
If you are interested in knowing the details of this problem, you should learn about the history of automotive technology. When you learn about this part, I think you can easily understand the solution and why this problem occurs. At this time, the electronic throttle body eliminated the throttle linkage. The main drawback of this mechanical throttle linkage is build-up due to wear and insufficient lubricants, rust, and many more. But electronic throttle bodies don’t need to suffer from this problem, but it causes an improvement in fuel economy and emission.
The electronic throttle body wraps up with multiple throttle plate (TP) sensors in the modern car. This sensor is used to determine the TP angel. There is also accelerator pedal position (APP) sensors that need to calculate the throttle APP. These transfer their data into the throttle actuator control modulator and control the throttle motor. And all these sensors are used to accelerate your car.
The TAC is used to communicate with other control modules in the vehicle with the help of the controller area network (CAN) bus. And you know the CAN bus has two-part, CAN high and CAN low. The CAN high transfers data at a fast rate, 500k bit/sec. But the CAN low is the lowest rate, its data transfer rate 125 k bits/sec. And both CAN bus used to terminate the resistor fro close the circuit. And all these modulators help you to control all over the network.
What are the reasons and symptoms of the U0107 Code?
There are many reasons for this problem. Like:
- Damaged or dead battery,
- Multifunctional TAC module,
- Fault in TAC module circuit,
- The trouble with the controlled area network (CAN) bus.
There are some symptoms you can notice for this U0107 Code. Like:
- From the dashboard, you can notice the illuminated warning light,
- Performance issue of TAC module.
How do you diagnose the Code of U0107?
Finding the problem, you face from the code U0107 needs to follow simple steps. Like:
- Poor connection or control of the module issue is the leading cause of this U0107 Code. Sometimes this problem happens from the dead battery because this battery doesn’t give sufficient power for working the system properly.
- Some tile this problem likely pop up from the code history. But this is not active at all. That’s why technicians always start their work to test the battery to see the trouble code from U0100 to U0300. They try to eliminate this as much as possible.
- After removing the Code, the technician re-checks the scanner if it’s again. If the problem pops up on the screen again, it needs more inception of the TAC ad and total CAN bus connection. But an experienced eye can quickly notice the problem and spot the issue immediately. If the professional finds the problem soon, they solve it as soon as possible and remove the Code. After that, they restart the system and again check whether this problem happens or not.
- If the Code pops up again after the visual inspection, the technician needs help from the technical services bulletins or TSBs. These TSBs can store all the data about your vehicle. Sometimes, when you go through these bulletins, you can find the problem, and if you get lucky, you can also find the solution to this problem. These TSBs make the work easy for you and save some time to inception. After the professional finds the source of the problem, they can quickly solve it.
These are the main diagnostic processes to find out the problem. But sometimes, many can make some mistakes in diagnosing the problem. Like:
- Without checking the status of the automotive battery
- If you verify the OBD2 scanner code from U0100 to U0300 trouble code to check the standard of the battery, many technicians first notice this problem.
How to solve the U01007 Code?
Top of the article, we just discuss all the U0107 Codes. It’s all about why this problem happens, how it happens, etc., but you may ask how to solve it. Let’s see how you can remove this problem from your car:
- If there is a poor or broken wire, repair or replace the wiring.
- If the CAN bus has faulty connectors, then repair or replace this to fix this.
- Try to reprogram the throttle actuator control (TAC) module.
- If it’s not solved after reprogramming the module, replace the total TAC module.
Solving this U0107 Code is very important. Because this Code mainly forces the vehicle to work in the reduced model. And that throttle will react very sluggishly and the acceleration tale longer time. So try to solve the problem as fast as possible.
The U0107 Code is a straightforward and common problem for any vehicle owner. So don’t get afraid and try to get help from a professional. It won’t take you a lot of money to repair or replace the whole system. It’ll be said that when you notice this U0107 Code on the screen of your car, that means your vehicle needs to get a check-up from a technician. So don’t worry and make an appointment with a professional and solve the problem. And it doesn’t take much time. Otherwise, it makes a big fuss, and after that, the cost can be raised. But I’ll assure you that you don’t need to change your car. You can quickly drive the vehicle with this problem.