I love my cars so much. Most of the time, I spend driving around with friends or trying to fix or add something to my BMW X6. I have owned different car models, which include a Toyota, Ford, Nissan, and now a BMW. Cars are great companions and keep me busy most of the time. For the several years that I have been driving, I have used different scan tools from various brands such as Autel, Actron, Innova, Launch, and now OTC. Most of the scan tools that I have used have really lived up to the hype, but none has performed (Considering the price, features & ease to use) as outstanding as the OTC 3111pro diagnostic scanner.
Affiliate Disclosure: “Our site is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. This page may include Amazon affiliate links, on which we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.”
Scan tool OTC 3111pro reviews & main features
- Records and plays back live, real-time engine data
- Dual PID graphing capability
- Component locator
- Trilingual manual
- ABS and Airbag coverage for 1996 – 2010 Ford, GM, Chrysler, and as well 1996 – 2009 Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and Hyundai vehicles.
- LCD display
- Measures 12 by 4 by 3 inches
- Weighs 1.7 pounds
- Over 4.3 million verified fixes
- Automatically retrieves VIN from vehicles
- Print data to PC
- Display enhanced code definitions
- Backup battery
- USB port
The OTC 3111pro car scan tool is one that is overlooked in the market. I understand that the OTC brand is not as popular as the brands that I’ve mentioned above, but it’s worth trying out. At such a fair price, this abs scanner offers a wide range of features that can only be found in high-end devices only. At first, I thought I had thrown away my cash when I acquired the OTC 3111pro diagnostic code reader. But I was wrong, as it turned out to perform similarly to the best scan tools on the market.
Technical specifications of the OTC 3111pro OBD2 Scanner
|Works:||ALL 1996 and later vehicles|
|Check Engine Light:||Yes|
|Reads and stores Data:||Yes|
|Playbacks live sensor data:||Yes|
|Clears codes & resets monitors:||Yes|
|Views freeze frame data:||Yes|
|Prints data via PC:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||12 x 4 x 3 inches|
|Price:||Check Today’s Price|
The OTC 3111pro code reader is sturdily built and compact in design. It has the ability to read and clear pending or trouble codes. This tool can be updated via the internet and comes with a trilingual feature for easy use. It covers ABS and airbags for a wide range of vehicles. This includes domestic, Asia, and European vehicles. The otc 3111 pro has over 4.3 million verified fixes, and it automatically retrieves VIN from vehicles. The large display screen enables the user to easily view scanned and tested results.
For sure, this is a modern scan tool that offers more than basic functions. The difference with other top diagnostic code readers is that it is offered at a very affordable cost. Use it to scan vehicles that are OBD2, OBD1, and CAN compatible. It provides the scanned codes and results instantly, which ends up saving time. One of the unique features of the otc 3111pro scanner is the component locator that offers text descriptions to show where parts are situated on the vehicle.
Why should you buy an OTC 3111pro scan tool?
- The AUTOID enables automatic scanning. This is quick and very efficient in performance because it relieves the technician of the need to enter particular vehicle codes for the scanning to go ahead. The availability of the proportional integrated derivative is what enables it to assist with offering the ideal graphic data for analysis. In addition, the PIDs have spread across to more than 300 within its data streaming system.
- Durably made. Such a feature-packed scan tool becomes complete if it is well-built. The otc 3111pro scanner is made of durable plastic. This can survive a few crashes here and there. Also, it guarantees users long-term use.
- Easy to use. All you have to do is to plug in the scan tool cable to the car and start reading and clearing codes. In addition, it comes with 3 different languages from which the user can select. This is English, Spanish, and French. Hence, it allows people of different nationalities to easily use this OBD II scan tool. Also, the large LCD display screen has a backlight which enables the user to utilize the device in poorly lit conditions or not.
- It has the capability to code diverse pieces of data which cover more than 4.3 cores in total. The codes, which are referred to as global codes covering both manufacturer-specific and generic codes, are the reason this diagnostic code reader is regarded to cover all the OBDI, OBDII, CAN, and other diagnostic-compliant motor vehicles.
- Fairly priced. One of the things that make this scan tool to be very loved by many people is that it is offered at a very great price. Despite having a wide range of excellent features, it is sold at a price that is lower than the scan tools in its category. If you are looking for the more cheap option, then you can view the Konnwei KW808 review.
- Time-saving. The OTC 3111pro scan tool is very easy to use. It will save you time as it can be set up easily and fast. Also, it is able to read and clear codes instantly. Thus, you will end up carrying out scans and tests on a wide range of vehicles within a very short period of time.
- The trilingual scan tool has a component locator that makes the scanner to be very accurate when scanning data because this assists in getting the right coding information.
- Otc 3111pro scanner has a live data feed function that will provide the user with real-time data access. Nevertheless, it has the ability to playback the scanned data, and this is what makes it exceptional. Furthermore, the OBDII diagnostic scanner has the capability to read free data, scans status check, drives cycle, and displays numerous data functions.
- High compatibility device. This is the ultimate device for use on a wide range of vehicles. It is compatible with 1996 – 2010 Ford, GM, Chrysler, and as well 1996 – 2009 Honda, Hyundai, Nissan, and Toyota vehicles. Also, it functions with 1996 and newer domestic, Asian, and European cars and light trucks.
- Compact and lightweight diagnostic code reader. This scan tool is very easy to carry and sleek. It measures 12 by 4 by 3 inches. Also, it is lightweight and very portable. Carry it in your pocket or backpack without feeling any burden.
- Internet updatable. If you want to upgrade the software, just connect the device to a pc by use of the USB port that comes with it.
- The OTC 3111pro scan tool comes with an optional battery power that can be used if you don’t want to use the engine power or when the car is dead. Connect it and use the battery backup whenever you feel like it.
The otc 3111pro is a high-end device offered at a very great price. It is very easy to use and can be updated through the internet. The scan tool has a large display screen for showing outcomes, and it is sturdily built for longevity. In case your car is dead, you can still scan and clear codes by utilizing the backup battery. Use this device to playback live, real-time engine data and several other functions.
Cons: The otc 3111pro scan tool is not able to support some features on some vehicles, regardless of the hype. For instance, the ABS feature is not very universal, as stated by the manufacturer.
Troubleshooting OTC 3211pro Scanner
- Why is my OTC 3211 showing an error message?
-The OBD2 device is not firmly connected with the vehicle’s DLC.
-Pins may be broken or bent
-The fuse may be blown out.
-Battery voltage is less than 8.0V
-Check the cable or wire.
-Faulty control module
- Why does the OTC 3111pro not power up?
-Check the DLC connection
-Replace the damaged battery
-Ensure the ignition is on, but the engine is off
-Check the fuse box
-Contact the OTC support team
- Why is it indicating low battery?
It means you need to replace the batteries.
-Use 4 AAA alkaline batteries
-For better longevity, avoid using rechargeable batteries
-Non-rechargeable Lithium battery is also compatible but expensive
For further technical support, you can contact: 1-800-533-6127 (OTC Support)
Summary of Contents
Kevin Nicholas is an automotive technician who is a genius at software and hardware-related issues. He manually tested more than a hundred OBD scanners and gave his honest opinion on whether the device was worth the money or not. His in-depth OBD review articles help people choose the right product, whether it is a European, American, or Asian vehicle. He completed his Automotive Specialized Training Course at Universal Technical Institute and has more than 15 years of experience in the field.