Car enthusiasts understand the importance of keeping their cars clean all the time. A poorly maintained car has a lot of disadvantages such as it can lead to poor health and low resale value if need arises. In America, car washing has been a tradition but at the moment, most of the cars are getting what is referred to as care detailing or auto detailing. If you want your car to look sparkling clean and just like a new one, then you need to perform car detailing. Instead of using soapy water and a rag to clean your car, or to vacuum it inside, you can decide to pay attention on the small details of your car to make it appear sparkling clean. So, don’t ask what is car detailing at 2017 rather do it.
In short, we can define car detailing or auto detailing to be a process where the car is meticulously cleaned, polished, and protected on the entire car from top to down, inside and outside, utilizing particular equipment and products that would not usually be applied by your normal vehicle cleaner. This is done so that the paintwork can be restored by getting rid of swirl marks and scratches to make the car appear like a brand new one.
There are professional auto detailers from almost every corner. To get their services, you will be required to pay but you can also carry out car detailing at home and save these huge fees. But as long as you have the right supplies and equipment to-do-so, you can car detail your car easily.
It is important if you start cleaning the car from the inside and then to the exterior. This is done in order to avoid messing the outside after cleaning it. Many people pay attention in the interior of the car as dirt and other items stay here for long before being got rid of. Some of the areas you should clean are as follows:
- Carpets – start by vacuuming the carpets vigorously, then get rid of stains using a stain remover and a brush. For the carpets, clean them with a stiff brush and put them outside to dry very well.
- Door jambs – open the car door and wipe the metal and plastic sections with a soapy solution. Dry them very well and apply your smaller tools to get rid of any tougher spots or stains in the area.
- Upholstery – vacuum the seats and get rid of stains with a stain remover and a brush. Also allow the seats to dry totally by leaving the car doors open.
- Steering wheel column – apply a soapy solution to get rid of stains and dust from it. Dry it well, then apply a surface protectant to the whole surface.
- Dashboard – dampen a cloth or clean rag with a cleaning solution and then carefully clean around the buttons and knobs.
- Center console – apply your detailing equipment to ensure that every seam and indentation in the console is excellently cleaned free and of schmutz. Then, dry with a clean cloth.
- Windows – apply a glass cleaner or soapy solution to make the interior of your windows shine. There is no need to worry about the interior at this point.
- Set equipment for cleaning ready – to efficiently clean the exterior, you need to have the right tools with you. These include: two buckets, brush, recommended cleaning solutions, pressure hose, stiff brush, several rags, and cotton cloth, among other items.
- Wheels – begin by cleaning your wheels as they are the dirtiest part of your car. Avoid using soapy detergents as they are not very effective.
- Clean from top to down – pour clean water in one bucket and soapy water in another for thorough cleaning of the car. Start by cleaning from the top to down. Utilize smaller tools and brushes on areas that require more attention such as on the headlights and side mirrors.
- Dry the car – after cleaning the entire car, dry it using a cloth. For hard to reach areas, use tools to dry it well.
- Wax the car and give the window a shine – you can finish off by waxing the car to give it an excellent protection from sunlight so that the paint doesn’t fade away easily. If there are remains of wax deposits on the car, you can use a small brush. Get rid of streaks and drips from the window to give them a great shine.
From the above, it’s very clear that car detailing is different from car washing as it involves more vigorous and attentive cleaning of the inside and outside of a car.