I’ve used different brand flashlights from last 15 year or so. I can arguably say that the Fenix uc35 is the best rechargeable LED flashlight that I’ve had so far. This torch has outperformed all the different brands that I’ve used before and I’ve come to appreciate it. The UC35 flashlight performs well in all weather and it is sturdily built. When changing my car tires, I have dropped this light several times, but it has never failed to function as needed. Also, I’ve used it in rain and in extreme cold, but it still has delivered. Why buy this light? The Fenix uc35 flashlight is sturdily built, powerful, bright, long-lasting and perfect for everyday use. Read this Fenix uc35 review to know more about it.
Update: The Fenix UC35 V2.0 has released this year. I have compared both version features below.
Technical Features of the Fenix UC35 flashlight
Fenix UC35 v2
|Maximum Brightness:||960 lumens||1000 lumens|
|Minimum Brightness:||14 Lumens||1 Lumens|
|Minimum Run-time:||1 hour & 30 minutes (960 lumens)||2hour 15min. (1000 lumens)|
|Beam Distance:||200 Meters||266 meters|
|Maximum Run-time:||150 hours (14 lumens)||800hour (1 lumen)|
|Battery include:||Yes, Two CR123A Lithium & 3200mAh rechargeable battery||Yes, 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Modes:||3 (14, 50, 180, 480, 960 lm)||5|
|LED:||Cree XM-L2 (U2)||CREE XP-L HI V3|
|Waterproof standard:||IPX-8 (Underwater 2 meters)||IP68 dust proof and waterproof. Underwater to 2 meters|
|Weight:||126 grams||89 grams|
|Price:||Check Price||Check Price|
Some of the features that make this flashlight to be special are its rugged construction. It is built from aircraft grade aluminum and has a toughened glass lens. It uses one rechargeable 18650 lithium ion battery or 2 3v CR123A lithium non-rechargeable batteries. With a maximum of 960 lumens, this flashlight is very powerful and will brightly light a dark room or even a pitch. In addition, it has different lighting modes to allow the user to have total control of the battery power. The low voltage indicator lets the user know when to charge the battery and it has a reverse polarity protection for preventing improper installation. This light is similar of UC30 flashlight.
Fenix UC35 review(video):
Check Price On Amazon
If you have been looking for a reliable light that can survive in rough terrains as you go hunting or hiking, then this is the flashlight of your needs. It has the capability to provide light up to a distance of 200 meters. This is enough to spot a deer or thug in front of you from faraway. It is also easy to use with the tactical tail switch and side switch. Keep it safe by use of the holster that is included in the bundle or attach it on the pocket or belt by use of the pocket clip.
Summary of Contents
Features & Fenix uc35 Review
- Durable aircraft grade aluminum construction
- Anti-roll and slip resistant body
- Toughened ultra clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
- Premium type III hard anodized anti-abrasive finish
- Cree XM-L2 U2 LED with 50, 000 hours lifespan
- Tactical tail switch
- Side switch
- Low voltage warning function
- Reverse polarity protection
- Digitally regulated output
- Over-heat protection
- Powered by one 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery or two 3v CR123A lithium battery
- Micro-USB charging for 18650 battery
- Weighs 99 grams excluding battery
- 5 lighting mode with strobe mode
- 960 max lumens
- 200 max beam distance
- Impact resistant up to one meter
- Waterproof up to 2 meters for 30 minutes
- Limited lifetime guarantee from Fenix Lighting
Benefits of using the fenix uc35 rechargeable led flashlight
- The first thing that every flashlight lover looks at when buying a quality flashlight is its construction. No matter the features or design of the flashlight, if it’s not durable, then it’s not worth buying. Why buy a costly light only for it to fall dawn and become useless? The fenix uc35 is durably constructed from aircraft grade aluminum. The finish is of a premium type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive. It has a toughened glass that is hard to break and secures the LED bulb.
- It is very easy to operate. This flashlight has two switches. One is for normal lighting and the other is for cycling through different modes. These are the tactical tail switch and side switch. To use them appropriately, you will have to press the switch and hold it for some seconds. This is the same case with switching off the light or when you want to change light mode to strobe. To insert the batteries into the flashlight, unscrew the tail cap and insert them and then screw it.
- Fenix uc35 provides extremely bright light. Despite its small size, this flashlight is still very powerful and it can light a pitch or brighten a very dark room. It uses CREE XM-L2 U2 Led with 50, 000 hours lifespan. Also, it has a maximum of 960 lumens that covers a distance of 200 meters. The flashlight provides the user with different lighting options as it has 6 modes. These are the eco, low, mid, high, turbo, and strobe modes. The eco mode runs on low lumens and has the longest run time of 150 hours. For very bright light, you can use the turbo or high modes. Strobe mode is for protecting oneself from enemies by blinding them.
- Whether you are a camper, work in poorly lit areas, love fishing at night or just need a light for checking on your property at night, this flashlight is the most ideal. The UC35 light is built for tactical use and can deliver in all conditions. It has the capability to resist impact of up to 1 meter and it can as well be used underwater up to 2 meters for 30 minutes. Thanks for it being IPX-8 waterproof.
- The flashlight is compact and lightweight. This makes using it to be easy with a one hand operation. Due to its compact size, storing this flashlight is not cumbersome. It can perfectly fit in the pocket, backpack, or even be attached on the belt using a holster. The flashlight weighs 99 grams with battery excluded.
- Using this flashlight is safe. It has the reverse polarity protection for preventing of improper placement of batteries. Also, the digitally regulated output maintains constant brightness throughout. The overheat feature prevents the light from overheating by changing from turbo mode to a lower mode after 20 minutes of use. In addition, it has a low voltage warning function that changes to eco mode if the battery is below the recommended capacity. When this occurs, the light will blink 3 times after every 5 minutes.
- The uc35 rechargeable flashlight is powered by one 18650 rechargeable li-ion battery or two 3volt CR123A lithium non-rechargeable batteries. Included in the bundle are the Fenix ARB-L2P 3200mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery, 2X EdinsonBright CR123A lithium batteries, and USB charging cable. The USB charging cable should only be used to recharge the 18650 battery.
Shortcomings of the fenix uc35 flashlight
- The flashlight overheats when used consistently or more than 30 minutes on turbo or high mode
- Switching on/off the flashlight requires some patience as one has to press and hold the switch before it lights the led flashlight.
- The batteries that accompany the flashlight are not long lasting and you will have to purchase new after some use.
It is important to have a flashlight that you can rely on in all conditions. It shouldn’t matter if it’s cold, sunny, dusty, raining, rough terrain or any other condition. A good flashlight is one that you can utilize to save you from danger and provide you with light when there is a blackout. The fenix uc35 is created for all conditions and you can rely on it. You can use it at home, in the backyard, jog with your dog at night, use it in your dark basement or even use it as a source of light during camping. With a USB charger, you don’t have to worry about running out of power as you can always recharge it. Since I bought my first car, I dropped this light couple of time and still it works perfectly. My Other lights weren’t as reliable as this one. I hope this Fenix UC35 review article has given a clear idea about this flashlight.